iPhone X and Android, who is carrying both?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha...I have an iPad and a Macbook Air. I definitely plan on getting an Apple Watch and Apple TV by Christmas. =)

I am staying clear from the HomePod though...that doesn't interest me at all for the price.

I can see that. I have Google Homes as it is, and don’t subscribe to Apple Music (and probably never will), so I can see it being pointless. Especially at that price. That might be a pointless purchase for now. But I think the others may be in my hands shortly.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I did the opposite. I sold my iPhone X and got a Pixel 2 XL. I'll hold onto it until the Note 9 comes out or until the Pixel 3 XL. I won't get another iPhone until Apple figures out how to slow down battery degradation. Samsung figured it out.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I did the opposite. I sold my iPhone X and got a Pixel 2 XL. I'll hold onto it until the Note 9 comes out or until the Pixel 3 XL. I won't get another iPhone until Apple figures out how to slow down battery degradation. Samsung figured it out.

That's so odd. One of the things I disliked about my S8+ was battery life wasn't as good as the 7 Plus I had before.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
That's so odd. One of the things I disliked about my S8+ was battery life wasn't as good as the 7 Plus I had before.

No, not battery life--battery degradation. My iPhone X's battery degraded 3% in just two-and-a-half months. Samsung's batteries degrade only 5% after two years.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
No, not battery life--battery degradation. My iPhone X's battery degraded 3% in just two-and-a-half months. Samsung's batteries degrade only 5% after two years.

Sorry, misread your original post. I don't remember my Samsung devices showing degradation levels. My X still shows 100% battery health. I'm now remembering another thread on this subject from a few months ago. Sorry bout the confusion.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

My iPhone X that I’ve had since March still shows 100%. And I charge it at work on a wireless charger and every night.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Think I'll be on the S8+ for a little while, give the X a rest for now.
Having a series 3 watch, isn't a bother as I mostly use it for fitness tracking etc and not paired to the X for notifications etc.

Making the change mostly due to camera quality when compared

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
What has been your charging habits?

I used to charge overnight on other devices, but starting with my 7 Plus I started charging only when it needs it. I tend to have a battery pack with me most of the time so I don't have to worry as much about running completely empty throughout the day.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Same here. I used to charge to full my S7 all the time, leave it charging over night, etc. I don't know what battery capacity it had since I don't think Samsung had that feature in there to let you know, but it felt like the battery was pretty awful for capacity. With my iPhone, I changed my habits and do the 40%-85% thing, and never leave it charging overnight.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I’m well invested into the iOS ecosystem (iPhone, iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, Apple Watch plus my wife and kids devices) but still have a desire for Android. Went with the OnePlus 6 for my business line but have used the Note line before that. Phenomenal device and still a mostly stock OS. I haven’t had any issues with it. I’ve done this for years as far as having both systems. Overall I can’t say there’s one device that’s better than the other. They both have their goods and bass depending your perspective on them.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Same here. I used to charge to full my S7 all the time, leave it charging over night, etc. I don't know what battery capacity it had since I don't think Samsung had that feature in there to let you know, but it felt like the battery was pretty awful for capacity. With my iPhone, I changed my habits and do the 40%-85% thing, and never leave it charging overnight.

I had the S7 Edge for a while and hated everything about that phone. Stutter, poor battery life, lag, accidental touches via the curved screen, I had it all. The only thing I liked about that phone was the camera. Samsung corrected pretty much all that with the S8's, but I couldn't wait to get rid of the S7 Edge.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
I had the S7 Edge for a while and hated everything about that phone. Stutter, poor battery life, lag, accidental touches via the curved screen, I had it all. The only thing I liked about that phone was the camera. Samsung corrected pretty much all that with the S8's, but I couldn't wait to get rid of the S7 Edge.

Oh man, I used an edge for a while and hated that curved screen with a passion. Went back to a normal S7 and was happy, I thought it was a really great phone, besides the terrible battery life I was getting.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Oh man, I used an edge for a while and hated that curved screen with a passion. Went back to a normal S7 and was happy, I thought it was a really great phone, besides the terrible battery life I was getting.

At first glance the curved screens look really nice, but in use it gets old having that odd color cast on the edges. Even after Samsung fixed the palm rejection the odd color cast on certain screens got to me after 6 months of the S8+

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234