I have both the Pixel 2 XL and the iPhone X and I prefer the Pixel 2 XL. It has better battery life, better reception, takes better photographs, and it's Android.

But my opinions change like the wind and I could love the iPhone X more than the Pixel 2 XL tomorrow. This is why I have both.
    That’s another thing. I get better reception on my Pixel than on my X. Faster LTE speeds too. Apple really needs to get Qualcomm chips as the main radios for these phones again because they are getting spanked by the Android phones
    Mr Segundus likes this.
    06-10-2018 09:29 PM
    How does the digits thing work?
    You get a sim card to mirror your number so all calls go to both phones as well as sms. If you do digits with data you also get data on both phones. Theres 2 data options, 512mbps and full speed.
    craigrn16 likes this.
    06-10-2018 09:38 PM
    You get a sim card to mirror your number so all calls go to both phones as well as sms. If you do digits with data you also get data on both phones. Theres 2 data options, 512mbps and full speed.
    How does that work with imessages? How would it know to send texts and not imessage when your on your android?
    06-10-2018 09:51 PM
    How does that work with imessages? How would it know to send texts and not imessage when your on your android?
    iMessages only come to the iPhone. You either have to turn iMessage off or not care if they come to the android phone. I personally dont care since I use the iPhone primarily and leave the Note in the car. I really only use the Note for Android Auto at this point.
    06-10-2018 09:54 PM
    iMessages only come to the iPhone. You either have to turn iMessage off or not care if they come to the android phone. I personally dont care since I use the iPhone primarily and leave the Note in the car. I really only use the Note for Android Auto at this point.
    Gotcha. Ok.
    06-10-2018 09:57 PM
    I'd agree with @Garz on the customisation and screen of the Android / Samsung combo...

That being said, one month on the X, and I have the S8+ which I power on occasionally. Kept the S8+ as I saw reviews that the S9 battery wasn't as good

The thing is, in my country (Caribbean)
    1. Apple Maps don't work
    2. Siri can't provide traffic information
    3. Siri doesn't generally understand me
    4. Google assistant on iOS is a pain to use (traffic updates etc)
    5. On the Samsung the assistant works flawlessly, traffic updates are constant and simple and it just understands me easier
    6. To me the camera on the S8+ is a lot better than the iPhone... I've been a pixel peeper and hate the camera quality of the iPhone since iOS 10/iPhone 7 series
    libra89 likes this.
    06-10-2018 11:37 PM
    Now my next question is how much are you paying for the digital feature? Sounds expensive. I really only use my iPhone for iMessage and the Facebook app, although is a battery hog on both platforms, works a lot smoother on IOS. I use Android though as my fun phone and Google assistant works a lot better on my Pixel. Also love the camera a little better. I don't mind rocking two phones until iMessage comes to Android
    06-11-2018 09:39 AM
    Now my next question is how much are you paying for the digital feature? Sounds expensive. I really only use my iPhone for iMessage and the Facebook app, although is a battery hog on both platforms, works a lot smoother on IOS. I use Android though as my fun phone and Google assistant works a lot better on my Pixel. Also love the camera a little better. I don't mind rocking two phones until iMessage comes to Android
    I pay $10/month
    craigrn16 likes this.
    06-11-2018 09:39 AM
    I pay $10/month
    Thanks
    06-11-2018 09:42 AM
    Not anymore and happy about that!
    06-12-2018 01:17 PM
    No, there are members who carry multiple smartphones. Although I have both an iPhone X and an iPhone 8, I only use the iPhone C as my daily driver. My iPhone 8 is used with my drone......As for an Android device, I haven’t used one of them in about 8 years or more.
    You mean you are still using a IPhone 5c? hahaha
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-12-2018 09:11 PM
    You mean you are still using a IPhone 5c? hahaha
    Typos get me every time.....(laughing)
    06-13-2018 04:51 PM
    I am not able to search my bookmark in Chrome browser in iPhone which is a great disadvantage.
    06-15-2018 07:54 AM
    I had the note before last, the one with the battery issue, and loved it. However since I came from iOS I lost a ton of messages from iPhone friends, even though I had turned it off. Especially group messages when I was the only one on Android, I missed all of those. Has it gotten better to turn it on and off? I still want that note, think I may get a used one just as a toy. Or I may get one of their tablets, those Samsung screens are beautiful.
    06-19-2018 06:38 AM
    I had the note before last, the one with the battery issue, and loved it. However since I came from iOS I lost a ton of messages from iPhone friends, even though I had turned it off. Especially group messages when I was the only one on Android, I missed all of those. Has it gotten better to turn it on and off? I still want that note, think I may get a used one just as a toy. Or I may get one of their tablets, those Samsung screens are beautiful.
    Truthfully I never had any issues going from ios to android with messages. I know alot of people have but Im not sure what causes it.

The Note 7 was probably the best designed version of the Note or any other phone in quite a while. The 8 is good but imo not nearly as comfortable as the 7.
    06-19-2018 06:43 AM
    Truthfully I never had any issues going from ios to android with messages. I know alot of people have but Im not sure what causes it.

The Note 7 was probably the best designed version of the Note or any other phone in quite a while. The 8 is good but imo not nearly as comfortable as the 7.
    Group messaging can still be a pain when switching, but it’s much better for general sms. For some reason it works better when I disable FaceTime before iMessage. I still sometimes have issues if I disable imessage then FaceTime before switching.
    06-19-2018 06:47 AM
    Cant speak about iPhone X, although a lot of people i work with do use the X. I carry a 7+ as my personal, and for work i currently have a 6S. I wanted to get an Android for work but we use Office 365 and the general experience with my work function and Android is very laggy, and has processing information issues. I am sure the issue is not specific to Android but moreso a problem with my company not knowing what theyre doing.

Being an Android fan for 3 years i jumped ship last year for a 7+, iOS just has been phone that "just works". My list of Androids in that 3 year period include Nexus 5, S6, G3, G4 and 6P...all had a slew of problems that drove me insane. My best experience was the 6P for its first 8 months until it started acting up (i think with release of 7.0/7.1). After all those problems i had, and the fact iOS has generally been very good to me (some very minor bugs), its hard for me to consider spending any money on an Android. I am sure the new Pixel phones are amazing overall but i have doubts biting the bullet. Plus my wife and all friends have iPhones, so iMessage just locks the deal.

what do i miss from Android? Google Assistant at OS level, Siri is very poor and doesnt fill the gap at all. And i miss my heptic feedback typing on keyboard. Otherwise, iOS does everything else fantastic.
    06-20-2018 10:25 AM
    I’d agree with you on the assistant level with google vs Siri
    06-22-2018 11:39 AM
    Currently I'm rocking both a Pixel 2 XL and an iPhone X.
    You're doing what to your phones?
    06-22-2018 02:00 PM
    You're doing what to your phones?
    That's the same combo I have except I have the smaller Pixel 2
    06-25-2018 07:03 PM
    That's the same combo I have except I have the smaller Pixel 2
    Which phone do you use more and why? I have an X and getting a pixel 2 but will only keep one!
    06-25-2018 07:16 PM
    Which phone do you use more and why? I have an X and getting a pixel 2 but will only keep one!
    Hmmm , I rotate really. It's on my mood. I guess the iPhone X slightly more because I group chat with coworkers who use iMessage but if I'm going out for an event I carry the Pixel 2 because I like the pictures that takes better. Both have great speakers and are smooth. Android as and operating system I would say is more "fun" as it gives you more freedom but some apps like Snap chat or Facebook run a little smoother on IOS. Lol I hope that helps
    06-25-2018 07:40 PM
    Hmmm , I rotate really. It's on my mood. I guess the iPhone X slightly more because I group chat with coworkers who use iMessage but if I'm going out for an event I carry the Pixel 2 because I like the pictures that takes better. Both have great speakers and are smooth. Android as and operating system I would say is more "fun" as it gives you more freedom but some apps like Snap chat or Facebook run a little smoother on IOS. Lol I hope that helps
    Haha no! You told me what I already know I want the pixel 2 because the camera is insane. I've bought 3 pixel 2 XLs and now I'm on going on my 2nd pixel 2. I end up getting them and just reselling them because I miss iMessage and FaceTime on iOS. Other than that, I don't miss much on my iPhone. I don't get how you juggle between both so frequently, doesn't it get annoying shutting iMessage off and on constantly?
    craigrn16 likes this.
    06-25-2018 07:44 PM
    Haha no! You told me what I already know I want the pixel 2 because the camera is insane. I've bought 3 pixel 2 XLs and now I'm on going on my 2nd pixel 2. I end up getting them and just reselling them because I miss iMessage and FaceTime on iOS. Other than that, I don't miss much on my iPhone. I don't get how you juggle between both so frequently, doesn't it get annoying shutting iMessage off and on constantly?
    Yeah, it sure does but I can't just leave either behind. If Apple opened up iMessage and FaceTime to Android I'd definitely leave apple behind. A guy on this forum gave me a solution called "digits" that's on T-Mobile. It's one number for both phones. I have to go look into it when I get a chance. See if that may be a solution for you
    06-25-2018 07:50 PM
    If Apple opened up iMessage and FaceTime to Android I'd definitely leave apple behind.
    Exactly why they’re not likely to ever do that.
    06-25-2018 07:52 PM
174 12345 ...