Tapatalk update

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
[mention]Ledsteplin [/mention] [mention]Spencerdl [/mention]
Do either of you pay the upgrade fee for the Tapatalk app?

I was using the iMore forum app and it’s just not behaving very well, so I re-downloaded the Tapatalk app and see there’s some additional features you can get but only as vip. Just wondering would it be worth the 99¢ mthly.
TIA

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
[mention]Ledsteplin [/mention] [mention]Spencerdl [/mention]
Do either of you pay the upgrade fee for the Tapatalk app?

I was using the iMore forum app and it’s just not behaving very well, so I re-downloaded the Tapatalk app and see there’s some additional features you can get but only as vip. Just wondering would it be worth the 99¢ mthly.
TIA

Yes I do. Not sure how I went from a VIP for life to paying 99¢ a year. I've had Tapatalk since my Android days including the Red version...yes that far back. I'm not sure if I use all the VIP features but for what I use, it's worth it to me.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes I do. Not sure how I went from a VIP for life to paying 99¢ a year. I've had Tapatalk since my Android days including the Red version...yes that far back. I'm not sure if I use all the VIP features but for what I use, it's worth it to me.

Thanks D. Wow, 99¢ for the year!

The prices are now 99¢/month, $9.99/1 year or $29.99/lifetime.

I’m considering the 99¢ monthly one, Tapatalk gives you a 1 month trial before you actually pay.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LMAO

Thank you C ! I thought about doing the yearly one but idk how long I’ll actually use the app. At some point I know I’ll go back to the iMore forum app once they iron out the issues LOL

That was my intentions also. I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay for the year when these options was first released.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I refuse to pay again. I paid for Tapatalk on Blackberry, Android, iOS, Kindle, and Windows Phone. I also paid for Tapatalk Pro on iOS, as well as Tapatalk 2. I paid for it when the app was $15. I paid for a host of features and functions that have since been removed while others are forced on me with no way to be removed as they once were. After years of this decrease of functions and features, they have the audacity to ask me to pay again for a lesser version of what I paid for multiple times before. No. I will not.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I refuse to pay again. I paid for Tapatalk on Blackberry, Android, iOS, Kindle, and Windows Phone. I also paid for Tapatalk Pro on iOS, as well as Tapatalk 2. I paid for it when the app was $15. I paid for a host of features and functions that have since been removed while others are forced on me with no way to be removed as they once were. After years of this decrease of functions and features, they have the audacity to ask me to pay again for a lesser version of what I paid for multiple times before. No. I will not.

I do understand your view and agree with you. There are a lot of us around here that did the same thing. It is wrong in my honest opinion for them to charge AGAIN when we already paid for a lifetime membership. I think I had it on my Blackberry devices as well, I wonder if I can find one of my Blackberry screenshots with it on Crackberry? I know for sure I had it on Android and paid for Tapatalk Pro on IOS.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I do understand your view and agree with you. There are a lot of us around here that did the same thing. It is wrong in my honest opinion for them to charge AGAIN when we already paid for a lifetime membership. I think I had it on my Blackberry devices as well, I wonder if I can find one of my Blackberry screenshots with it on Crackberry? I know for sure I had it on Android and paid for Tapatalk Pro on IOS.
To be fair my issue isn't as much with the charge again. It's asking for full price for a fraction of the functions and features. That bothers me more than anything. Not to mention to addition of pseudo ads and limited photo size outside of premium.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
To be fair my issue isn't as much with the charge again. It's asking for full price for a fraction of the functions and features. That bothers me more than anything. Not to mention to addition of pseudo ads and limited photo size outside of premium.

Well payment 'again' bothers me especially when I received an email from Tapatalk requesting proof of payment for VIP status and lifetime membership. I sent them proof and thought I would be done, and of course less features is also disappointing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You'd think after over 6 years beta testing their app, one might expect a free lifetime membership. But, no, I got one free month. And I haven't paid one penny. The only feature I miss is posting images at a better resolution.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Chris Parsons has fixed the issue with the 'likes'. I see them, however not on my posts. Can someone confirm that they see the likes on personal posts?

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Going to slide over to iMore Native App for a bit as I see many 'broken links' on Tapatalk but they seem ok here. So'in a 'new broom sweeps clean' I'll cut the clutter a little for probably a week.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2