Alternative to Instagram?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
So that that Facebook has acquired Instagram, many users have decided to delete Instagram and move elsewhere.

Now, in my opinion there is no real competitor to Instagram. Sure, there's other good filtering apps out there, like Camera+, but the social integration with Instagram was what made it awesome. The filters were just ok, but the social was rocking.

So my question to those who are leaving Instagram is where are you going? Have you found another good alternative that offers both the filters and the social aspect?

I was told by several about [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eyeem-photo-filter-camera/id445638931?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]EyeEm[/URL], today, and it looks quite awesome actually. Their servers are just hella slow right now and the app is unusable for me. The devs have assured me that they're working on it, though. So I'm excited to check it out when the servers improved.

Is there any other apps I should know about?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was going to terminate my Instagram account before its acquisition by Facebook because I rarely used it, but being that I'm not a Facebook fan, I quickly deleted my account.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, what's the reason to leave? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I found it useless. it seems to be something for the younger generation to get into because the younger generation seem to enjoy sharing everything with the rest of the world these days. For those of us who left Facebook for privacy reasons and for being overwhelmed with ads & requests, some of us can only *assume* something similar will occur with Instagram in the very near future.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I deleted my Instagram account. Not really due to the FB purchase. It was more from lack of use. Any pics I feel like sharing are going to FB these days anyway. And I looked at all my Instagram pics and 99% of them are on my FB anyway.....

One less app taking up space on my phone.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2