An app for Birthday reminders?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I just picked my iPhone (Verizon) up last night and I am in love!!

My previous device was a BlackBerry and I am missing one little feature. On my BB, I was to connect my contacts with Facebook and everyone's birthday's would automatically be entered into their contact entry, my calendar and a reminder was set. It looks like the iPhone doesn't offer that (or maybe it does and I'm just missing it). Anyway, I'd like to find an app that will scan my Facebook friends, throw their birthdays in my address book and add a reminder to my calendar. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you connect your contacts with their facebook pages, you will see a calendar called Birthdays that will do just what you are seeking. Go to the calendar app, click the CALENDARS button in the upper left corner and scroll down. There should be a header ("Other") and the calendar named "Birthdays" should be there. Make sure there is a check mark on the entry and they should then show up in your calendar display.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I love, Occasions Birthdays and More!! It syncs with Contacts, Facebook Friends allowing you to send a Facebook message directly from the app, or send text, email, etc, it lets you know the age, occasion, alerts, etc.. awesome app! .99 cents and well worth it..
Occasions: Birthdays & More! for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

This sounds like an app I may want to try . . I've been looking for a way to get automatic alerts for my contact's birthdays and anniversaries and this app sounds like it may do that. I'll give it a try. Thanks for suggestion!

Edit: I downloaded this app and have been playing with it for the past couple of hours . . . GREAT APP !! Just what I was looking for. The APP made it to my "first page / homescreen" already.

Prior to using this app, my "contact birthdays" appeared on my native calendar, but I would not receive an automated/pushed notification for the birthday. Only way I would remember the birthday was to actually open the calendar and see that it was their birthday. "Contact anniversaries" and "Holidays" did not even display on the native calendar app.

This app ("occasions") solved all of those problems!

CalifJewls......Thanks again for the app suggestion

Last edited:

riteshp83

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Try Occasions, its by far the best app that I can think of. You can also had custom events and they even give you the ability to backup your data onto their server. Its one of my most useful apps I have on my iPhone

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Your welcome Curtisinoc!! I love the app!! I had previously bought another app but it didn't compare to Occasions! I really like how great it works with Facebook, not only to sync those friends and family you choose, but how easy it is to post to their wall..

Glad you liked it!