Need help with deleting an App

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was having dinner with a friend last night and she told me that she was having issues deleting an App. She then showed me how when she long pressed the App's icon, the only option was to remove the app from the home screen. She showed me that when she did that, the App was moved to the App Library. She tried to delete it from there, but there was no option to delete it. I tried doing to figure it out, and couldn't find a way to completely delete it. She said that there are other apps that she's unable to delete. If anyone has any suggestions on what we can do to get rid of the Apps, both my friend and I would appreciate it.

Here is a screenshot of the App we were trying to delete:

solataire farm friends.jpg

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
The App library doesn't give the option to delete apps. So, from the Home screen, swipe down and search for the app name. Where it shows up under the Apps category, long-press the icon there — the delete option should be available.

If the option to delete isn't available, she'll need to check if restrictions for deleting apps have been enabled.

Have her go to Settings > Screen Time > Content and privacy restrictions > iTunes and app store > Deleting apps. Toggle this to "Allow", if it says "Don't Allow".

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The App library doesn't give the option to delete apps. So, from the Home screen, swipe down and search for the app name. Where it shows up under the Apps category, long-press the icon there — the delete option should be available.

If the option to delete isn't available, she'll need to check if restrictions for deleting apps have been enabled.

Have her go to Settings > Screen Time > Content and privacy restrictions > iTunes and app store > Deleting apps. Toggle this to "Allow", if it says "Don't Allow".

Thanks!!!! I will ask her to give this a try!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As it turns out, nothing seemed to work until today when we came upon this potential solution, which happily worked!!!

Here's what I found:

Open Settings and tap Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions. Next, tap iTunes & App Store Purchases -> Deleting Apps. Make sure that Allow is selected. When Don't Allow is selected, you won't be able to uninstall apps on your iPhone.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
As it turns out, nothing seemed to work until today when we came upon this potential solution, which happily worked!!!

Here's what I found:

Open Settings and tap Screen Time -> Content & Privacy Restrictions. Next, tap iTunes & App Store Purchases -> Deleting Apps. Make sure that Allow is selected. When Don't Allow is selected, you won't be able to uninstall apps on your iPhone.

Like I said in post 2 a week ago?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods