A10 Fusion Power Consumption

Julian_C

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I previosly had an iPhone 6 and now I switched to the 7. As Apple mentionend in their Keynote, the A10 should be twice as fast than the A8 from the 6 and should use way less power (don't even think about the two low power cores). Therefore comparing it to the 6 shouldn't the battery last way longer because of either the higher speed (2x fast means half the processing time) or because of the lower overall power consumption due to the new chip design?

And if we consider the two low power cores, which apparently should be used most of the time for basic tasks as checking emails, the power consumption drops to 20%

What do you think?? Because every year apple is increasing the speed (=faster calculations compared to an previos model) AND lowering the power consumption but the battery life barely lasts longer (or the same in my opinion).

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
VERY unscientific, BUT in actual life, real world usage I have noticed excellent battery life with my iPhone 7 Plus. My iPhone 6 Plus was great too, BUT my 7 Plus is really impressive! I can easily go 2 days, well, not really usually I have to charge at some point on day 2, BUT it's no worries if I forget to plug it in at night I'm still fine in the morning after having used it all the previous day, just have to find a cord at some point on day too, BUT I can start my day just fine, I don't have to RUSH to a cord. ;)

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
And maybe for the 10 anniversary they will come with oled screen which would make the battery more efficient

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
And maybe for the 10 anniversary they will come with oled screen which would make the battery more efficient

And stick an even larger battery in. Make the plus have a 3500mah battery and a 2600+ mah battery in the regular version.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2