This is a very legitimate question. Coming from the 6S Plus to the 7 Plus, I noticed some slight differences in signal strength in some of my frequently visited places. Not enough to put a damper on anything, but the difference is there. I don't use dots or bars. I keep my phone is field test mode for accurate signal strength.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-10-2017 03:07 PM
    I get better reception on my S8 than I did on my 7 Plus. I'm not sure why.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-11-2017 10:49 PM
    How do you put it in field test mode?
    Field Test Mode
    *3001#12345#*
    (Always show Decibels instead of Dots)

If you want your iPhone to always display numerical signal strength instead of signal bars, you can perform the following process. Once in Field-test mode (accessed by entering and dialing the code above), hold down the power button until you see “Slide to Power Off”, then release it. Then hold the Home button until you’re returned to your main app screen. You’ll now see your numerical signal strength while you use your phone, and you’ll be able to tap the signal numbers to switch to signal bars, and vice versa. To exit this permanent field-test mode, simply reboot the phone or re-load Field Test Mode and exit it via the Home button.
    06-12-2017 06:25 AM
    06-19-2017 08:11 PM
    In short, yes it is. I love making payments on a phone that when on a call, people on the other end constantly complain of the reception.
    06-25-2017 10:24 AM
    In short, yes it is. I love making payments on a phone that when on a call, people on the other end constantly complain of the reception.
    Sorry to hear, but I definitely can't say the same. My 7 Plus is on par with my 6s Plus and both had/has excellent reception. I'm usually on my iPhone with another 7 Plus user, and it's nice and clear using our Airpods. On the rare occasions when I actually put my iPhone to my ear it's also the same results, nice and clear. I'm using a BestBuy unlocked 256gb Jet Black 7 Plus with a Verizon sim card.
    joemd60 likes this.
    06-25-2017 12:04 PM
    Sorry to hear, but I definitely can't say the same. My 7 Plus is on par with my 6s Plus and both had/has excellent reception. I'm usually on my iPhone with another 7 Plus user, and it's nice and clear using our Airpods. On the rare occasions when I actually put my iPhone to my ear it's also the same results, nice and clear. I'm using a BestBuy unlocked 256gb Jet Black 7 Plus with a Verizon sim card.
    For what's considered strong LTE service at my house. That's where most of my issues come from.
    libra89 and UT Madman like this.
    06-25-2017 12:18 PM
    "Excellent" reception? How many dots does your 7 Plus usually show for signal? How many did your 5s show?
    06-25-2017 02:17 PM
    "Excellent" reception? How many dots does your 7 Plus usually show for signal? How many did your 5s show?
    Yes , excellent reception. It's been my experience on the Verizon network that even with one dot I still get excellent reception. I average about four dots regularly.... Except my home office.. LOL
    06-25-2017 04:08 PM
    Yes , excellent reception. It's been my experience on the Verizon network that even with one dot I still get excellent reception. I average about four dots regularly.... Except my home office.. LOL
    Me too. I'll have 1 dot in my house, walk out my driveway, and I have 4 dots. Go figure.
    06-25-2017 05:29 PM
    I have had a 7, 2 plus's and a SE this year, now a 7 and the 7 definitely gets better reception in my travels.
    06-30-2017 04:36 PM
    I have the iPhone 7 and the antenna reception is definitely poor compared to my previous iPhone 6 and my Blackberry Priv. I am on Verizon network. Here are my observations. Our office building has Verizon antennas on the roof (I know because I am an attorney for Verizon Wireless). My iPhone 7 cannot hold a call in my office. I understand that there is a certain amount of shadowing of the signal, but my iPhone 6 and my Blackberry Priv have no trouble holding a call. In fact my Blackberry is crystal clear. In general the iPhone 7 has pretty poor reception and call quality compared to other phones. Wish they would improve on that since this is a phone.
    emscapt47 likes this.
    07-01-2017 07:57 AM
    I noticed a definite difference on the AT&T network. I live in a rural area and used to be able to take calls on my iPhone while in my office quite well. When I upgraded to the 7, I could no longer make calls reliably from my office. Now I have to get up and go to another room to make a call, or put my iPhone in a charger and put it in one certain spot on my desk where I get 2 bars. It's very annoying.

My understanding is that the Intel radios went into the AT&T and T-Mobile devices, while Qualcomm radios went into Verison devices. The 6 / 6S AT&T devices had Qualcomm radios previously, so that explains why the 7 is worse - the Intel chips!
    UT Madman likes this.
    07-01-2017 09:25 PM
    Isn't it a shame that we use phrases like "I'm happy to switch my iphone to 3G so I'll get decent service" considering what we pay for these phones, and how well previous versions of the phones perform. I've had 2 iphone 7s and both have terrible cellular connection. If the signal gets weak at all, I start to break up, then the call is dropped. My first phone was purchased thru Verizon, the second was replaced at Apple store. Same issues with both. In my experience, the 7 plus is somewhat better with the connection, but both appear to have problems.

Frankly, we should all be "storming the castle" at Apple and not putting up with such poor service for the premium we pay for their hardware.
    08-11-2017 06:48 PM
    Isn't it a shame that we use phrases like "I'm happy to switch my iphone to 3G so I'll get decent service" considering what we pay for these phones, and how well previous versions of the phones perform. I've had 2 iphone 7s and both have terrible cellular connection. If the signal gets weak at all, I start to break up, then the call is dropped. My first phone was purchased thru Verizon, the second was replaced at Apple store. Same issues with both. In my experience, the 7 plus is somewhat better with the connection, but both appear to have problems.

Frankly, we should all be "storming the castle" at Apple and not putting up with such poor service for the premium we pay for their hardware.
    We? I'm not having any reception issues with my iPhone 7 Plus. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LTE, etc., all work as intended, thankfully....
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-11-2017 07:28 PM
    We? I'm not having any reception issues with my iPhone 7 Plus. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LTE, etc., all work as intended, thankfully....
    Same here. No problems.
    08-11-2017 07:49 PM
    Never had a problem regarding the antenna on any of my iPhone.
    08-14-2017 09:18 AM
92 ... 234