Anyone have the same problem and hopefully a fix to my inability to watch my Apple TV subscription

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi Listmates,
Does anyone have a potential solution to my inability to access my Apple TV+ subscription.
When I purchased one of my Apple devices I was given a complementary one year Apple TV+ subscription. It was extended automatically by Apple during the pandemic so it was not to expire until the end of June.
However, all of a sudden in May I was unable to access any Apple TV plus content from any of my devices - iphone, ipad, Apple TV 4K.
On the Apple TV+ Home Screen on all devices there appeared a message I could sign up for a seven day complimentary trial followed by paying $4.99 per month. However, on all my subscription pages ( whether thru settings or the App Store or the apple store app) it is clearly that I had a current subscription that (was not expiring until end of June and since further extended while this problem continues) . I have tried all sorts of things but are still unable to access the subscription.

I have spoken to Apple numerous times since early May and for many hours and they have no fix for my issue. They claim engineers are working on it.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with your Apple TV plus subscription. If so have you been able to fix it.

Thanks.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have not experienced this.

It is very likely that only Apple can address the issue, because it sounds like it is a service-side behaviour.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Only Apple can resolve this matter, if they chooses to. With that being said, did you at any time attempt to access TV + on a TV or smart device of a friend or relative using your credentials?

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Only Apple can resolve this matter, if they chooses to. With that being said, did you at any time attempt to access TV + on a TV or smart device of a friend or relative using your credentials?

Yes. No different. Apple claims Something wrong with the account under my Apple ID. They said it has happened to others as well but a very small number of people.
I want to see season 2 of Ted lasso but by the Time this problem is fixed it will probably be on Netflix for free.

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

As a follow-up, to make a long story short, I subscribed to apple one premier about a month ago which enables family sharing of apple tv plus. I am still having the same issue which is now going on four plus months. I can't access the subscription from my ipad or iphone or apple tv using my apple id which is the manager of family sharing and the subscriber of apple one. However, it is very strange that I can access apple tv plus with my apple id from my imac using safari.
I also can't access apple tv plus on my apple tv devices using my apple id. However, if I switch to a different user on the apple tv 4k device /apple id, a different family member who can watch apple tv plus via family sharing under the apple one premier bundle (different apple id) I can watch apple tv plus on my apple tv 4k.

I have spent hundreds of hours on the phone with probably 15 different senior advisors in the service department and they claim that the engineers who have the case have not updated them on any progress being made. In fact, they haven't contacted me in weeks. I honestly feel it is bs and they are ignoring the issue because if it is only affecting one person. they are not going to spend time fixing it when they are working on ios15, watch ipad etc operating systems for the rollouts. I am being ignored by apple and they have not done anything at all to acknowledge or validate their error or make me whole or somewhat compensated for my trouble. This isn't the apple of Steve Jobs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative