Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    I did notice a difference from my iPhone 6s Plus to iPhone 7 Plus in Chicago NW Burbs (I would get less bars and drop more calls on the 7 Plus). I recently switched to sprint (couldn't afford AT&T anymore) and actually get better reception in my area. I do miss having simultaneous voice and data :-( however for my 4 lines saving $150 a month was a no brainer.
    06-02-2017 10:09 AM
    Just comparing my Tmobile 7 Plus to my last phone, the LG V20, I'm finding little difference. My iPhone rarely goes above two bars where all of my androids have had 4 or 5. No lost calls yet and the phone seems to perform fine in low signal areas. I'm getting faster speeds in low signal areas than I did on phones showing more bars.
    06-02-2017 10:43 AM
    I've noticed a difference in number of bars but not a single difference in speed.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-02-2017 11:39 AM
    I have complained on various threads about my 7plus.
    The reception is poor at best compared to my 6.
    I should have returned this phone when I was within my 14 day period. When I first got the phone I talked with Verizon several times,trying to troubleshoot the issue. Verizon replaced the phone thinking it was defective.
    But I have the same issues with the second phone. We went as far as replacing the sim.
    And Verizon would not do a another replacement if there wasn't any real proof the phone is defective.
    I even took it to the Genius Bar for a diagnostics check.
    The phone checked out fine, but nothing was mentioned about the poor antennae( which I figured was the problem)as being the issue.
    I'll give Verizon this, the number of signal bars doesn't necessarily mean the difference as to the phone holding or making calls.
    They have a strong network, and other phones I have had, always held a clear call with the same signal bars.
    The issue with my 7plus is not dropped calls.
    I am growing weary of people saying "what" from time to time during a conversation.
    They complain the calls fade in and out, or grow staticky.
    Verizon even witnessed the same thing during our conversations.
    At the end of the day, I don't care how great the phones camera is, or it's other features.
    It needs to do what it is mainly intended to do. That is make clear consistent calls, which it does not.
    My apologies for the long post, but I want to also thank Verizon and the folks at the Genius Bar for their efforts, they did their best.
    Last edited by joemd60; 06-03-2017 at 04:43 AM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-03-2017 04:20 AM
    I haven't noticed much of a difference between my 6s Plus and my 7. I use it frequently for phone calls and rarely have an issue. I'm on Verizon in an area with a pretty strong signal though.

My iPhone 6 was on Sprint so I don't have much of a comparison there. Sprint is terrible in my area regardless of the phone.
    06-03-2017 06:18 AM
    I have to keep mine on 3G. Verizon LTE and Apple not good. It's the Apple 7 plus antenna. Even Apple genius stated this
    Really? Have absolutely no problem with Verizon LTE and my 7+.
    06-03-2017 07:17 AM
    I have a theory (LOL ). I had this similar discussion with some friends when the 7 Plus was first released and we noticed that the iPhones purchased from Apple, BestBuy and Carriers had different writings on the back of the iPhone box. Some iPhone boxes have all available networks while some only supports CDMA/GSM....if you still have your iPhone 7 Plus box would you guys mind posting a photo? I'm just curious to see if that could possibly be the reason behind poor iPhone 7 Plus receptions. Here's the back of my Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus box....

For the record, I have very good reception on the Verizon network.
    My iPhone was purchased from BestBuy.
    demon_pc likes this.
    06-03-2017 07:44 AM
    Folks has anyone else had any issues with your reception on your 7+? I have a g6 and a 256g 7+ (on T mobile) and have noticed I have more service on my g6 than 7+ some times.... Fyi they are side by side comparisons ...... Thanks folks......
    Is the worst by far, I have iPhone 6+ and Google pixel xl, both have no problems where I work, the 7+ drops calls all the time and I find myself walking around the building to catch the signal. All my phones are on T-Mobile network.
    06-03-2017 11:37 AM
    I have a theory (LOL ). I had this similar discussion with some friends when the 7 Plus was first released and we noticed that the iPhones purchased from Apple, BestBuy and Carriers had different writings on the back of the iPhone box. Some iPhone boxes have all available networks while some only supports CDMA/GSM....if you still have your iPhone 7 Plus box would you guys mind posting a photo? I'm just curious to see if that could possibly be the reason behind poor iPhone 7 Plus receptions. Here's the back of my Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus box....
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8ed2d420c1.jpg
    For the record, I have very good reception on the Verizon network.
    My iPhone was purchased from BestBuy.
    Spencer, I am curious now. I'll post a picture of the box when I get home from work. My 7Plus came from Verizon, actually both did.
    What are we looking for on the box?
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    06-03-2017 11:58 AM
    AZ not good. I have issues. Need it on 3G. It's working fine on 3G. I don't care as long as works
    06-03-2017 12:03 PM
    Spencer, I am curious now. I'll post a picture of the box when I get home from work. My 7Plus came from Verizon, actually both did.
    Where it says Supports
    Last edited by MooMooPrincess; 06-03-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    06-03-2017 12:27 PM
    How many radios your iPhone supports.
    06-03-2017 12:47 PM
    Tmobile here, two 6S+ phones and one 7+ phone, and one iPad Pro. All get the same reception.
    06-03-2017 12:51 PM
    Tmobile here, two 6S+ phones and one 7+ phone, and one iPad Pro. All get the same reception.
    Where did you get them from? T-mobile or bestbuy?

My 6s+ on att and my 7+, my 6s+ gets way better signal than my 7 everywhere. So im thinking Spencer's theory is correct along with most GSM and some CDMA chips being faulty.

libra89 likes this.
    06-03-2017 12:58 PM
    Where did you get them from? T-mobile or bestbuy?]
    All iPhones came from Tmo. iPad came from Apple store.

I REFUSE to go to BB.
    Jude526 likes this.
    06-03-2017 01:03 PM
    How many radios your iPhone supports.
    IMHO though, I don't think
    what it supports has anything to do with it. It's the antenna on the 7 Plus.
    Here I am paying for a phone that I may have to put in the box, and go back to my 6.
    Last edited by joemd60; 06-03-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    06-03-2017 01:07 PM
    Guys be careful posting your serial and that info... Just saying
    Jude526 likes this.
    06-03-2017 02:21 PM
    Good point, I should have thought of that.
    Last edited by joemd60; 06-03-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    06-03-2017 02:56 PM
    Thanks, the serial number is at the bottom of the box. Please don't post that part of the box, just the top half that shows the different radios.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    06-03-2017 08:41 PM
    Where it says Supports
    We already know there are two versions of the iPhone; the one with the Qualcomm modem (which is the Verizon, Sprint, and Unlocked model) and the Intel modem (most phones sold locked to T-Mobile or AT&T). Since he is on Verizon, he has to have the Qualcomm modem (since the Intel doesn't support CDMA).

I have wondered if part of the issue is Apple trying to limit the Qualcomm modem, that the "fix" causes issues with the model that cause some of the flakiness that has been observed.

One last note: bars on different phones should not be compared, as various phones use different strength levels per bar. As an example, my car's Bluetooth shows the battery level of my phones with 5 bars. With my iPhone 7, between 80-100 is 5 bars and it doesn't show 0 bars until the phone's battery is almost completely spent. With a Nexus, 100% is 5 bars, 99-80 is 4 bars, and anything lower than about 20% shows no bars. Manufacturers do similar types of things with signal strength -- with some max bars is an extremely strong connection, whereas others keep 5 bars even after the connection weakens a bit. You need to go into Field Test mode and find the actual, numerical, signal strength to really be able to compare between different phones.
    06-03-2017 08:44 PM
    We already know there are two versions of the iPhone; the one with the Qualcomm modem (which is the Verizon, Sprint, and Unlocked model) and the Intel modem (most phones sold locked to T-Mobile or AT&T). Since he is on Verizon, he has to have the Qualcomm modem (since the Intel doesn't support CDMA).

I have wondered if part of the issue is Apple trying to limit the Qualcomm modem, that the "fix" causes issues with the model that cause some of the flakiness that has been observed.

One last note: bars on different phones should not be compared, as various phones use different strength levels per bar. As an example, my car's Bluetooth shows the battery level of my phones with 5 bars. With my iPhone 7, between 80-100 is 5 bars and it doesn't show 0 bars until the phone's battery is almost completely spent. With a Nexus, 100% is 5 bars, 99-80 is 4 bars, and anything lower than about 20% shows no bars. Manufacturers do similar types of things with signal strength -- with some max bars is an extremely strong connection, whereas others keep 5 bars even after the connection weakens a bit. You need to go into Field Test mode and find the actual, numerical, signal strength to really be able to compare between different phones.
    Here's what's on the box. Is the iPhone 7 Plus antenna worse?-img_0217.jpg
    06-03-2017 08:59 PM

No td-scdma seems to be the issue but I agree with you also.
    06-03-2017 10:19 PM
    Here's what's on the box. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0217.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	554.6 KB 
ID:	118588
    Well, there goes my theory...LOL. Your box reads the same.
    06-04-2017 08:18 AM
    Well, there goes my theory...LOL. Your box reads the same.
    Apple would probably lose a ton of money if they admitted there are more issues as opposed to non issues with the 7 plus antenna, and than issued a recall.
    Spencerdl and emscapt47 like this.
    06-04-2017 11:59 AM
    Apple would probably lose a ton of money if they admitted there are more issues as opposed to non issues with the 7 plus antenna, and than issued a recall.
    I know and work with a lot of people with that have the iPhone 7/7 Plus and I don't see this being much of an issue. I would say the problem/issue isn't enough for a recall.
    06-04-2017 12:25 PM
92 1234