Can not delete previous me phone number from iPhone contact list.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. Changed my phone number yesterday. Everything went smooth. All my contact info on all my devices is correct for me, except on my 7 Plus. On my Plus my old phone number is showing and when I try to edit it, it comes up grey and will not allow me to delete it. Yet on all my Mac's it is no longer under my contact info. Is there a solution on how to remove it or do I just live with it? If anyone has a fix please let me know. I'm sure it is just something simple I've missed. Appreciated and thanks!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Are you using the SIM from the old phone in the new device? Did you switch carriers?

Just found a solution and not sure why it worked but am posting it here in case it is a possible solution for someone else. But did not change carriers and used the same SIM that was in phone.

Now this is strange. I did an edit quickly on my photo and bam the old number disappeared. Not sure why my old number would be linked to my image. But hey whatever, it is all gone now. I’m am posting how I fixed it for other people enquiring with the same issue.

CherryLane

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Wow changing numbers. I haven't changed mine for about 18 years. Don't know how I would cope. Good tip. Thanks for sharing it 👍😉

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I saw the thread and was going to suggest that the problem may have been that your old number was listed under your iMessage/Apple ID.

Obviously not the case...

jamstar35

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Usually if you change your number and keep the same sim, performing a power cycle of the device will correct the issue.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Excellent suggestions. I tried all of them. It was also suggested to me to delete my contact and add it back in. I was just about to try that when for some odd reason I edited my photo and it solved it. Next was the delete and add back option. Hopefully if my suggestion does not work for someone the others that are posted here will help. Thank you all!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Just found a solution and not sure why it worked but am posting it here in case it is a possible solution for someone else. But did not change carriers and used the same SIM that was in phone.

Now this is strange. I did an edit quickly on my photo and bam the old number disappeared. Not sure why my old number would be linked to my image. But hey whatever, it is all gone now. I’m am posting how I fixed it for other people enquiring with the same issue.

That's really weird. I wonder if doing that triggered a refresh.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
That's really weird. I wonder if doing that triggered a refresh.

I really can't say, as the exact time I clicked done after the edit it changed. It's definitely not out of the realm. I did try a hard reset and just an on/of with no success. I'm just pleased it cleared out the old number.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll