iPhone 7 plus - i dont get any notifications when I'm using my phone - help!

baileysqueen

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Neither for messenger or text messages or iMessage. I am missing messages because I'm not getting notified. is there a setting for this or is it iOS 10 glitch or setting?

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
There are several places to look, "notifications" in "settings," make sure the app is set to push, my "gmail" was set to "never or manual" on refresh, some are apps are set to hourly. I am not familiar with all the in-and-outs of IOS (new to iOS) so maybe someone will be along with more insight soon.

deosculate

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wait, so you guys ARE getting notifications when on the phone? I thought it was a "feature" as I haven't seen a single notification since iOS 10 on both my 6s Plus and now 7 Plus.

As someone who sits on the phone all day, the way iOS handles calls, mute, and notifications while using the phone is beyond frustrating.

deosculate

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
To be clear, when I am using the phone via a Bluetooth headset, phone sitting next to me locked, notifications do not appear on the lock screen.

I hear the notification sound but have to unlock my phone to see what it is.

I've set up a new phone from scratch, even switched phones and still nothing.

If you're saying you're able to see lock screen notifications when on the phone I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To be clear, when I am using the phone via a Bluetooth headset, phone sitting next to me locked, notifications do not appear on the lock screen.

I hear the notification sound but have to unlock my phone to see what it is.

I've set up a new phone from scratch, even switched phones and still nothing.

If you're saying you're able to see lock screen notifications when on the phone I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.

I don't talk much on my phone. Text mostly. But I'll try to test this. I'm on 6s Plus iOS 10.1.1.

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
So you have the notification [settings > notifications > select app and set to > show on lock screen] of the app set to "show on lock screen?" If so, there may be a glitch.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Showing on the lock screen is never the problem. It's only while on a call.

But you do hear a notification while on a call?
It appears you're not alone. I would try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
If that doesn't work, leave
Feedback
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

And wait for Apple to fix it. Not much else you can do. You could try restoring the phone, but that's a lot of trouble for a small issue.

baileysqueen

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I hear you and i agree! I thought it was just me! I'm missing notifications and its frustrating cause i find out when i go back into apps later that i was messaged! the badge appears but i miss it because there is no notification. They should make it an option. i want to be notified all the time. even when I'm on the phone!

I'm on iPhone 7 plus and using 10.2 its been doing it since iOS 10.

Wait, so you guys ARE getting notifications when on the phone? I thought it was a "feature" as I haven't seen a single notification since iOS 10 on both my 6s Plus and now 7 Plus.

As someone who sits on the phone all day, the way iOS handles calls, mute, and notifications while using the phone is beyond frustrating.

mookie1028

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
its not the notification setting. its the volume of the notification there so low you cant hear them. evan with a custom notification tone i can barely hear them
was at store and the women behind me iphone went of at the same time as mine all you could hear was there phone not mine lucky it also had vibration on
apple nows what they did. they released a iphone so early so they could make the competition look so bad

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2