Haven’t been getting all message notifications….

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I’m rather new to iOS. I’ve noticed that I’m not getting notified all the time of my messages. So far it seems to only be if I am using my iPad. Either that or it just stopped working last night. I also have an Apple Watch se and using an iPhone 13 pro max.
Does having the iPad in use prevent being notified of messages? Is there a setting to always get notifications no matter what? Or is this a bug? I don’t have messages set up on the iPad.
Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Using the iPad should not prevent the receipt of text messages, especially if your iPhone and Watch are on. With that being said, if you’re on your iPad and you have it set to only receive messages via your Apple ID then you’ll only receive “iMessages” while connected to the internet. You will not receive SMS messages. (I’m assuming you have a Wi-Fi Only model).

If your iPhone is near you while you’re on your iPad then you should receive all messages on your iPad as long as continuity is enabled. You can read more about it HERE.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. It seems to only be when I am on the iPad. I did make a change or two on my ipad though that may have fixed it. I have been through my messages settings and focus was off. All is good there. I’ll report back if it keeps happening or if it’s “fixed” and try to remember what I changed. Lol

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. It seems to only be when I am on the iPad. I did make a change or two on my ipad though that may have fixed it. I have been through my messages settings and focus was off. All is good there. I’ll report back if it keeps happening or if it’s “fixed” and try to remember what I changed. Lol

That would be awesome! Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW