Switching back and forth between my 7 and 7 Plus, using both iPhone's questions ???

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and have a black 128gb 7 and black 128gb 7 Plus, I can return my 7 but I like both phones and am entertaining the idea of keeping both the 7 and 7 Plus and just switching out the sim depending on which iphone I want to use for work or play.

Just wondering if this is a big hassle to use 2 different iPhones.

All my contacts are stored on a gmail account, I'm using iCloud for everything else including my 13" iPad Pro and Air 2 which are also synced with my phone number and Apple ID.

I'm guessing the only thing that would not transfer over between phones would be my SMS messages, but those go to my iPads as well, so no big deal.

I went into my local T-Mobile store and was told it was as simple as just putting my SIM card in whichever iphone I wanted to use, but I figured I would ask here as well.

Anyhow, sorry for the perhaps dumb questions but I've never used 2 iPhones on one account,,,, any feedback, opinions and advice would be most welcome.

Cheers
Davyo

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd imagine it would be a fairly simple process once you get past the SMS part. As well as the fact that your voicemails will be on two separate devices. As far as using the phone, I believe it's as simple as swapping the SIM card.

You'd also have two phones with two sets of information.

May I ask if the two phones hold large enough differences that would explain the need to use them both interchangeably? I have the 7 Plus and my wife has the 7 but I'm yet to see a reason as to why I'd use her phone. My 7 Plus does everything hers does plus more. Just wondering what your use case is.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd imagine it would be a fairly simple process once you get past the SMS part. As well as the fact that your voicemails will be on two separate devices. As far as using the phone, I believe it's as simple as swapping the SIM card.

May I ask if the two phones hold large enough differences that would explain the need to use them both interchangeably? I have the 7 Plus and my wife has the 7 but I'm yet to see a reason as to why I'd use her phone. My 7 Plus does everything hers does plus more. Just wondering what your use case is.

My voicemails always transfer with my Google account whenever I change and upgrade phones, either iOS or Androids.

As far as having different information on each phone (pictures, notes and stuff) I was thinking that would all sync via my home WiFi thru my iCloud account ???

As far as having 2 iPhones, benefits would be having the choice to carry around a smaller or larger device depending on my needs of that day or week and having a backup phone in case one got lost or broken,,,, and of course, just to keep me from getting bored with using just one device.

Cheers
Davyo

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a 7 and a 7 plus as well. The smaller phone makes a much better camera as it's easier to hold. It's also great because I can one hand it and not worry about doing it. I use my plus one handed well enough but it is slippery.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a 7 and a 7 plus as well. The smaller phone makes a much better camera as it's easier to hold. It's also great because I can one hand it and not worry about doing it. I use my plus one handed well enough but it is slippery.

Are you sharing the same SIM card between your 7 and 7 Plus ?

Thanks in advance
Davyo

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

If the OP is using T-Mobile, it doesn't matter. Voicemails are not stored on the phone, they would be on T-Mobiles server. As long as the OP has access to his line, he'll be fine.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I had both a 6s and 6s Plus. If you don't care about photos and sms messages transferring you can just swap the sim. I carried mine for a week or more at a time between switching so I would just backup the phone I had been using and restore it to the other phone so I had my photos.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I had both a 6s and 6s Plus. If you don't care about photos and sms messages transferring you can just swap the sim. I carried mine for a week or more at a time between switching so I would just backup the phone I had been using and restore it to the other phone so I had my photos.

Cool,,, thanks for the feedback, I was really wanting to hear from someone that is, or has done, the phone switching thing.
Now I just have to decide if I'm going to keep my 7 as well as my 7 Plus,,, my return window closes in a few days on my 7, but my 7 Plus is definitely a keeper.

Cheers
Davyo

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I loved having both options. Nice to carry the smaller phone in nicer weather because it fits in my pocket easier and switching helped curb my phone addiction lol

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I loved having both options. Nice to carry the smaller phone in nicer weather because it fits in my pocket easier and switching helped curb my phone addiction lol

Yeah,,,, the phone addition is pretty bad with me as well,,, I think I've owned every model of Samsung and Apple ever made.

Cheers
Davyo

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have to carry two phones and both are pluses. 6s+ and 7+. Tried carrying the smaller version but like larger screen. Either way don't think would like switching SIMs between phones seems like a hassle. How much would separate phone line cost you? May be worth looking into.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711