iPhone 6s/6s Plus: no vibrate switch?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious if Apple will eliminate the side vibrate switch like they did with the iPad Air 2. My guess is if they don't eliminate it now, then maybe the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will not have it anymore. Thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does having the mute switch bother you or something? Personally, I hope they keep it available to use because I find it quite convenient.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Will they eliminate it? I have no idea.

Do I want them to? No. It's very convenient for me. I don't like the lack of this switch on my iPad Air 2.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious if Apple will eliminate the side vibrate switch like they did with the iPad Air 2. My guess is if they don't eliminate it now, then maybe the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus will not have it anymore. Thoughts?

Why would they eliminate it? It makes no sense.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I really hope they dont, when I use to switch back and forth between android and an iphone it was one of my biggest gripes. Absolutely love having the mute switch, no quicker way to switch to silent(vibrate) and very easy to check to make sure.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

WHERE do you come up with this stuff? Please stop spreading FUD.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have found it useful to have the mute switch, but it doesn't need to be there and Apple could easily add it to the quick access features just like they do for wifi, airplane mode, etc.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I do like it, it's a convenient way to turn sounds off without having to dig through other menus or setting. I hope they keep it, and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It is not likely that they will remove it since it is a phone. If you forget to silence your phone you need a quick way to shut it up.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I do agree its useful, my work phone is an iphone and I do find it quicker to flick the mute switch, but I also just tap and mute my Android phone as well. Both are quick and easy.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
On iPads the "vibrate" isn't a vibrate...it's a lock rotation button. then you have your volume buttons under it. so i don't see why they'd get rid of it on the phone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I would have to agree, I do find it quicker to flick the switch when I need to, but apple is apple and they do things just for the sake of changing it. The rumors about the S model phones in the fall being .xx mm thicker and .xx mm taller has me concerned if current cases will work. Sure its a minute amount increased space, but its still an increase.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
i always got annoyed when i had a 5c cause none of my 5/5s cases would fit it. or at least if they were hard cases they wouldn't. so annoying. it's stuff like that that underlines the fact that as innovative and awesome as apple is, they're still after that cheddar.

i think they should give everyone a credit for all the new cases they have to buy plus recoup the losses for the ones they already have that won't work now. ahhahaha. :D

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

The switch as been around since the OG iPhone so I don't envision any scenario where Apple would remove it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
i always got annoyed when i had a 5c cause none of my 5/5s cases would fit it. or at least if they were hard cases they wouldn't. so annoying. it's stuff like that that underlines the fact that as innovative and awesome as apple is, they're still after that cheddar.

i think they should give everyone a credit for all the new cases they have to buy plus recoup the losses for the ones they already have that won't work now. ahhahaha. :D

Obviously 5s cases won't work on the 5c, its a totally different device lol. Thats what happens when you buy the "cheap" model, they don't put as much love into it, since it appears it isn't an every year thing like other iPhones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2