New here!

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm new to iPhone (not Apple products though). I just bought the 6S Plus. I've been an Android user for about 6 years or so. There are some questions I have. Is it possible to arrange the icons like on the Android os or do they have to start from the top? Also, I've been trying to add music and ringtones that I've saved from my Android, but for the life of me I can't. Normally my husband would do this for he's in the Army and in Korea right now so I'm left to do this myself. Can I even use my ringtones from my Android in my iPhone? Also can I change the notifications on certain apps like Gmail, Yahoo, and Texts? Thanks!!!

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
As far as icons go, yeah.. It always starts at top left and at this point, u can't leave gaps...as far as ringtones and music...that's a whole other somewhat complicated issue...you have to load iTunes on a PC.. If u can get the music copied onto PC, then add the track files to iTunes...then sync to phone..may be other ways too..I guess it depends on where ur music is currently stored..or if u have other music services..and Welcome!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Welcome to the Dark Side!

You can use the app called "Move to iOS" and install it on both your devices (Android and Apple). I think it might do the job (never used it). As far as the ringtones go, they can be transferred directly. They have to be uploaded to iTunes then converted to .m4r files in order for your iPhone to recognize them properly (unless you get ringtones directly from the iTunes store).

MBM7881

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone! so are I am really loving the iPhone which I thought I wouldn't. But I'm super impressed with the battery life and I can have the screen background really bright if I want (couldn't do this on Android since I was always concerned with battery life. My only little issues are the icons (though I'm getting used to it) and the ringtones thing. Can i change ringtones for apps like Gmail, Yahoo, and texts? thanks!

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Right...well u have the New Mail alert item in there...that's for the default mail app..if u have separate email client apps...not sure I can help there..I use the default exclusively..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost