New iPhone 6s Plus lagging.

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
try the 9.2 beta that might fix it.. some one else says it did for theres...

I did that originally. I ended up with a very bad 10 second lag when unlocking for a few days which dropped down to 1 to 2 seconds after a few days (similar to now).

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
oh ok ... i guess both of use have to keep our fingers crossed for a fix...

I've read that 9.2 fixes the microsecond lag and stuttering that some people say occurs when opening Notification Center or using force 3D, but not the unlock lag.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
oh ok ... i guess both of use have to keep our fingers crossed for a fix...

I think it's likely a hardware defect that affects a bunch of 6s plus 128 GB phones since nearly everyone I've seen complain about this has a 128 GB 6s Plus.

My original 6s Plus never had this problem though. It had a different issue though which is why I swapped it.

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I had my unit swapped 3 times for some issues and that being one of them and same all issue still exists.. I have the 128gb version too

I think it's likely a hardware defect that affects a bunch of 6s plus 128 GB phones since nearly everyone I've seen complain about this has a 128 GB 6s Plus.

My original 6s Plus never had this problem though. It had a different issue though which is why I swapped it.

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I had my unit swapped 3 times for some issues and that being one of them and same all issue still exists.. I have the 128gb version too

Did you restore from backup or set up as new?

I set my new phone up as new and it had this issue really badly. After a few days though it basically went away. I then restored from the backup of my replaced 6s Plus and it still was fine. The lag didn't come back until I restored iOS 9.1 and then restored my backup.

I also know many people don't have this problem. I didn't until I got my replacement phone.

On a side note, I'm finding I don't even need to unlock the phone to see this problem. It affects Hey Siri and opening the camera from the lock screen. For the later, I compared the times it took for the camera to start working after it opened between my 6s Plus 128 GB and my old 5s 32 GB after both had been sitting for a few minutes. The 6s Plus took 3 seconds before I could take a picture after the camera app opened. The 5s took a second. That is unacceptable.

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I also notice a lag when receiving phone calls too .. the phone will ring for 2 - 3 sec and then the display shows call..

Did you restore from backup or set up as new?

I set my new phone up as new and it had this issue really badly. After a few days though it basically went away. I then restored from the backup of my replaced 6s Plus and it still was fine. The lag didn't come back until I restored iOS 9.1 and then restored my backup.

I also know many people don't have this problem. I didn't until I got my replacement phone.

On a side note, I'm finding I don't even need to unlock the phone to see this problem. It affects Hey Siri and opening the camera from the lock screen. For the later, I compared the times it took for the camera to start working after it opened between my 6s Plus 128 GB and my old 5s 32 GB after both had been sitting for a few minutes. The 6s Plus took 3 seconds before I could take a picture after the camera app opened. The 5s took a second. That is unacceptable.

lscoltrain

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My experience is when you first receive the phone, its takes several days for downloads and it drains the battery faster and slows many of the services. I have had to restore my iPhone 6+ and afterward make sure that the background Apps are closed out. Typically thus far for me the battery life is less than my prior 6+, even after the restore. Suggestion for the restore is great and be patient for a few days and see if this resolves itself over time. Im sure there is more of a technical expert that will advise..this is from my experience.

lscoltrain

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Im experiencing the same lag when trying to take a photo ... sometimes it locks up initially then when I go back to the menu button, may have to do this a couple of times seems to correct itself. I agree this is unacceptable same phone as you 128G.

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Ive installed it and I have seen the unlock screen lag😕

When fingerprint unlock is turned off I have never seen any lag.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I just had my 6S+ replaced for a faulty headphone jack. I had the freezes and lag on that phone originally. It came with 9.0.2 on it and I upgraded to 9.1. The lag and unlock freezing was pretty bad. When I then wiped and reset the phone, it was buttery smooth.

Then I got the replacement today and did the same thing. I updated to 9.1, then I reset it. Lag not as bad as the first one, but it's enough to have me still working on it still. I'm going to do a restore through iTunes to see if a freshly downloaded 9.1 image will straighten things out.

On the upside, I now have a good headphone jack AND that little dark blotch on the lower left is about half as bad as my other one, and the other one wasn't even bad enough to make me want to exchange it.

Really hoping the iTunes restore will clear up the lag and freezes when unlocking.

shellbug75

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
My iPhone 6s + is also showing hiccups. Some apps freezing up, home pages not responding. I also set mine up as a new device. Probably software. Hopefully update comes fast to fix this crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having the same problem. I went from having an android for many years, so I thought this was normal. It is really irritating me! Makes me want to throw it across the room 😠

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
That sounds like something wrong with your device. Even at its worst, my unlock lag wasn't more than 10 seconds. Now it's around 1 or 2 seconds at times.

Mine was like that on 9.1, but as soon as I went back to the public betas it went away.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
That sounds like something wrong with your device. Even at its worst, my unlock lag wasn't more than 10 seconds. Now it's around 1 or 2 seconds at times.

Mine was like that on 9.1, but as soon as I went back to the public betas it went away.

Yeah it was just software, after 9.2 beta 4 it got A LOT better still some delay but not nearly as bad like maybe 5-6 sec delay 10% of the time. I did see an increase in the amount of times it misses though

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2