Notification badges

carraser891

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to set the App Store icon to show that red circle with the number in it to show the number of apps that need to be updated? I keep having to check manually and only then is when it lets me know. I have badges turned on so idk why the number won't show up.

mulcahyd

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Setting->notifications->App Store->allow notifications. Change the show notifications.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk 

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to set the App Store icon to show that red circle with the number in it to show the number of apps that need to be updated? I keep having to check manually and only then is when it lets me know. I have badges turned on so idk why the number won't show up.
Mine's been doing that way since the beginning of iOS 7, when they added auto update. I think it works, but takes forever. Sometimes 24 hours. But I check the store before that long most days. I have another app that alerts me when I have an update. It's red badge is more prompt. It's called AppShopper. You have to mark apps in it that you own and it gives you alerts. Also a wish list for alerts.
AppShopper Social by AppShopper.com, LLC
https://appsto.re/us/EsC6J.i

The App Store app just doesn't do right. When I restored my phone, it worked good for 2 days, then stopped.

carraser891

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Funny it's already checked on. Maybe it takes some time to show up? It should show it without me having to actually go into the App Store right?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Funny it's already checked on. Maybe it takes some time to show up? It should show it without me having to actually go into the App Store right?
Mine is on as well. But I rarely see the red badge. I hear on iMore there's an update on an app, but my badge doesn't show, I've tested it and it sometimes does take about 8 to 24 hours.

mulcahyd

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
My always displays the number of updates with a red circle badge and a number inside. It will show the number of new updates for the apps. I have 8.1.3 that's just on my device. It should be the same on across all devices right. ?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk 

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
The app updates does not get "pushed" like email and stuff. So chances are you will visit the store before it checks for new updates itself (don't know how often it does that) and the red circle will appear when you visit the store.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The app updates does not get "pushed" like email and stuff. So chances are you will visit the store before it checks for new updates itself (don't know how often it does that) and the red circle will appear when you visit the store.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
It hasn't always been like that. In iOS 5 and 6, the badge showed immediately. It stopped in iOS 7.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If you have automatic update on, you don't really need to open the AppStore app or worry about the badging. But doing so will cause the update badging to appear and the update process to start manually.

I have the automatic update feature on (Settings > iTunes & AppStore > Automatic Updates > Updates > [ON]), and don't give it a second thought.

carraser891

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
If you have automatic update on, you don't really need to open the AppStore app or worry about the badging. But doing so will cause the update badging to appear and the update process to start manually.

I have the automatic update feature on (Settings > iTunes & AppStore > Automatic Updates > Updates > [ON]), and don't give it a second thought.

And you're sure they update on their own? I'm a little OCD about updating apps since coming from android.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2