Does anyone know how to set the App Store icon to show that red circle with the number in it to show the number of apps that need to be updated? I keep having to check manually and only then is when it lets me know. I have badges turned on so idk why the number won't show up.
    Faisol Alhajie likes this.
    05-24-2015 11:12 PM
    Setting->notifications->App Store->allow notifications. Change the show notifications.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk 
    05-24-2015 11:16 PM
    Does anyone know how to set the App Store icon to show that red circle with the number in it to show the number of apps that need to be updated? I keep having to check manually and only then is when it lets me know. I have badges turned on so idk why the number won't show up.
    Mine's been doing that way since the beginning of iOS 7, when they added auto update. I think it works, but takes forever. Sometimes 24 hours. But I check the store before that long most days. I have another app that alerts me when I have an update. It's red badge is more prompt. It's called AppShopper. You have to mark apps in it that you own and it gives you alerts. Also a wish list for alerts.
    AppShopper Social by AppShopper.com, LLC
    https://appsto.re/us/EsC6J.i

The App Store app just doesn't do right. When I restored my phone, it worked good for 2 days, then stopped.
    05-24-2015 11:22 PM
    Funny it's already checked on. Maybe it takes some time to show up? It should show it without me having to actually go into the App Store right?
    05-24-2015 11:24 PM
    Funny it's already checked on. Maybe it takes some time to show up? It should show it without me having to actually go into the App Store right?
    Mine is on as well. But I rarely see the red badge. I hear on iMore there's an update on an app, but my badge doesn't show, I've tested it and it sometimes does take about 8 to 24 hours.
    Faisol Alhajie likes this.
    05-24-2015 11:36 PM
    My always displays the number of updates with a red circle badge and a number inside. It will show the number of new updates for the apps. I have 8.1.3 that's just on my device. It should be the same on across all devices right. ?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk 
    05-24-2015 11:56 PM
    The app updates does not get "pushed" like email and stuff. So chances are you will visit the store before it checks for new updates itself (don't know how often it does that) and the red circle will appear when you visit the store.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    05-25-2015 02:28 AM
    The app updates does not get "pushed" like email and stuff. So chances are you will visit the store before it checks for new updates itself (don't know how often it does that) and the red circle will appear when you visit the store.

It hasn't always been like that. In iOS 5 and 6, the badge showed immediately. It stopped in iOS 7.
    05-25-2015 10:56 AM
    It hasn't always been like that. In iOS 5 and 6, the badge showed immediately. It stopped in iOS 7.
    Ok didn't know that I used iOS for the first time with iOS 7.

05-25-2015 10:58 AM
    If you have automatic update on, you don't really need to open the AppStore app or worry about the badging. But doing so will cause the update badging to appear and the update process to start manually.

I have the automatic update feature on (Settings > iTunes & AppStore > Automatic Updates > Updates > [ON]), and don't give it a second thought.
    05-25-2015 11:44 AM
    If you have automatic update on, you don't really need to open the AppStore app or worry about the badging. But doing so will cause the update badging to appear and the update process to start manually.

I have the automatic update feature on (Settings > iTunes & AppStore > Automatic Updates > Updates > [ON]), and don't give it a second thought.
    And you're sure they update on their own? I'm a little OCD about updating apps since coming from android.
    05-25-2015 01:12 PM
    And you're sure they update on their own? I'm a little OCD about updating apps since coming from android.
    You can check the App Store app and see what applications were updated on what date. I do this often to calm my own OCD.
    05-25-2015 02:05 PM
    If the setting is ON, they will.
    05-25-2015 02:10 PM