Never fully charged...

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
So I've had the 5S since this past Saturday, and every morning before I unplug it from the charger, it claims 100% charge. However, as soon as I unplug it, it immediately drops down to 98%. This is the same stupid thing my Galaxy S3 used to do, yet my OLD iPhone 4 will stay at 100% for several hours, even if I use it several times for texts, pics or a call or two.

The 5S also drops from said 98% down to about 90% within the first couple of hours of being unplugged and NOT being used at all. And no, I don't have anything running in the background, no pushing, no location stuff active, no apps open. It just starts dropping power for no reason.

This is one of the reasons I stopped using the dumb Samsung. I even ran the battery down onto the red last night and the night before to see if that would help at all... It didn't.

I'm not very happy about this.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Have you made a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem for you? Have you attempted to restore the device and set it up as NEW? If not, are you willing to give it a try to see if it'll help? Other than watching the percentage drop, does the battery last all day?

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
No, no appointment. I don't have time to waste as the store. No, didn't restore the brand new phone back to new. It's only 6 days old. By the end of my work day, it's usually down around 60% or so.

What I did this morning before leaving for work, but after I posted this thread, is I threw it back on the charger until I hit 100% again. Unplugged it and it stayed at 100%. In fact, it was there for a couple hours. It's now down to only 93%. At work, since I get zero cell signal at all now with T-Mobile (used to at least have one or two bars with AT&T), I put the phone in "Airplane" mode with wifi turned on so I can still receive and send texts. I only have it on cell service when on lunch and at home. Pretty much anywhere but work.

I'll report back tonight when I get home from work and make a note of where the battery is at. Since it's at 93% right now, it seems to be doing pretty darn good, the way I was expecting it to, like my old 4G. If it stays like this, I'll be happy.

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm back from work and the battery is at a healthy 86%! Go figure. Maybe it needed a few charge cycles or something. Who knows...

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Try to not charge it overnight. I don't mean that it harms your battery or something but what i found interesting is to get to 100% wait around 40min and be happy from really long usage on battery without a charger. That's the behaviour I had with my i5 and know i5s.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77