Hi all, I just got the iphone 5 yesterday, coming from a Droid X (!). Thus one thing I'm getting used to is how you receive notifications with an iphone vs an android phone.

Here is how I would like to receive message notifications: Phone vibrates, screen does not light up, and when I turn the phone on, the message shows up in the lock screen.

I got the vibrate part down, and the not lighting up down, but I can't get all three at the same time. If I let the message show up in the lock screen, it also activates the screen, which I don't want.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
    11-20-2012 01:56 PM
    Hi all, I just got the iphone 5 yesterday, coming from a Droid X (!). Thus one thing I'm getting used to is how you receive notifications with an iphone vs an android phone.

Here is how I would like to receive message notifications: Phone vibrates, screen does not light up, and when I turn the phone on, the message shows up in the lock screen.

I got the vibrate part down, and the not lighting up down, but I can't get all three at the same time. If I let the message show up in the lock screen, it also activates the screen, which I don't want.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
    Not possible on stock IOS. Maybe with jail breaking, but I'm not sure about that.
    11-20-2012 02:34 PM