Apple replacement rattles as well!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lbun2

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I got a replacement in the mail for my IP5 that had a rattle near the lock button. The new phone rattle right out of the box as well. I have had the chance to call Apple yet. Anyone else experience this? I find this to be pretty pathetic on Apples part and reputation.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So I got a replacement in the mail for my IP5 that had a rattle near the lock button. The new phone rattle right out of the box as well. I have had the chance to call Apple yet. Anyone else experience this? I find this to be pretty pathetic on Apples part and reputation.

I was on the verge of returning mine and researched this issue for an entire day. I also posted the following thread.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5-forum/243988-vibration-issue.html

What I have found out is that this is because of the camera lenses clanking around which is apparently totally normal. Actually sounds a little like marbles hitting against each other. What I did notice though is that some phones are louder than others, for instance, mine is louder than my wife's. In my research, I observed a lot of people who opened the phone themselves or brought it to a genius and had them open it, only to find something was loose inside. Because of this I am still contemplating bringing it in for a look under the hood for peace of mind. Overall, I am surprised by this noise given the build quality of the iphone. I have found that it is the most noticeable when the phone is lying flat on a hard surface and at the very beginning of a vibration sequence. Hope this helps!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Sell your iPhone and swear off Apple products for the rest of your life. It's the only option you have now...that or death, which may or may not be too extreme, just depends on how devastated and/or furious you are about this. Good luck to you sir, the road ahead of you is not an easy one, but i have a good feeling you will succeed...or not. Koala bear.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
It's normal. It's the camera or accelerator or something. They all do it. Mine rattles if I shake it next to my ear and everything works fine. I never really noticed it, but if you try to listen tje rattle is there.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with your phone. Get any iPhone 4, 4S, or 5 and start tapping on the camera area on the back. It'll rattle. It's the auto-focus mechanisms. I have a Nexus S 4G here at my job and it rattles too in the same area, just not as much.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How do you guys explain my wife's rattle not being as loud as mine? Is it normal that there is some variation in this across phones?

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Sell your iPhone and swear off Apple products for the rest of your life. It's the only option you have now...that or death, which may or may not be too extreme, just depends on how devastated and/or furious you are about this. Good luck to you sir, the road ahead of you is not an easy one, but i have a good feeling you will succeed...or not. Koala bear.

I agree..... Apple Blows..... It's over for them... someone turn off the lights on the way out..... I'm gonna use my iPhone 5 as a Maraca in my new Salsa Band!!!.....Good Day

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

Yawn......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711