Apple AirPod Pro Replacement Program

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
This is definitely not new news, but I wanted to post my experience with Apple's AirPod Pro replacement program. I learned a couple of weeks ago that Apple would replace AirPod Pros that were up to three years old if they had a crackling problem. I had a pair I bought in 2019 and stopped using them last year when the crackling problem began. At that time, Apple just said they were out of warranty and too bad. After reading about the new program, I made an appointment at my local Apple store. The tech took them in back and tested them and came back out with new AirPods (the case doesn't get replaced) AND new ear cushions - NO charge! Needless to say, I was delighted.

So, if you have an old pair of AirPod Pros you've ditched because they crackle, you might just get new ones for free!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is definitely not new news, but I wanted to post my experience with Apple's AirPod Pro replacement program. I learned a couple of weeks ago that Apple would replace AirPod Pros that were up to three years old if they had a crackling problem. I had a pair I bought in 2019 and stopped using them last year when the crackling problem began. At that time, Apple just said they were out of warranty and too bad. After reading about the new program, I made an appointment at my local Apple store. The tech took them in back and tested them and came back out with new AirPods (the case doesn't get replaced) AND new ear cushions - NO charge! Needless to say, I was delighted.

So, if you have an old pair of AirPod Pros you've ditched because they crackle, you might just get new ones for free!

I had the same experience a couple of months ago. I got new AirPods, and tips, but no new case, which is fine. Plus, my Apple Care was extended. AWESOME!!!!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I called support today and have a $0 work order for mine that went crackly just after AppleCare expired.

The Beats Fit Pro set I got will be keepers and I'll look forward to working AirPod Pro that are a better case to carry in casual dress pants and better hearing aids.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox