I upgraded from my old school iPhone 3G to the 5. Pretty much the equivalent of jumping from a Pinto to a Ferrari. So, yeah, I'm overly-impressed.
    10-19-2012 08:54 AM
    Actually I'm not thrilled at all, not thrilled that I will have to wait for another week to get my damn i5. I am on an iPhone 4 and even using it in the Apple store I don't want to leave or go back to my brick of a phone.
    10-19-2012 09:21 AM
    I'll let you know as soon as i get mine. I still currently have my faithful Iphone 4 which is getting the job done and still have not even had the privilege of seeing and Ip5 in person...... or evening holding one in my hand.

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:25 PM ----------

I upgraded from my old school iPhone 3G to the 5. Pretty much the equivalent of jumping from a Pinto to a Ferrari. So, yeah, I'm overly-impressed.
    How is this even possible do people still carry iphone 3g's around i mean not even the 3gs but 3G..... Absurd!!!!
    Just_Me_D and Shulaw1999 like this.
    10-19-2012 12:27 PM
    Actually I'm not thrilled at all, not thrilled that I will have to wait for another week to get my damn i5. I am on an iPhone 4 and even using it in the Apple store I don't want to leave or go back to my brick of a phone.
    Patience young Jedi.....patience. lol. And just think, ipheuria, when you finally do have your shiny new i5 in hand you'll appreciate it even that much more because you had to wait so long
    10-19-2012 12:46 PM
    I will definitely agree that the battery life on iPhones, especially this Five, is astounding! With my android phones, I would make sure I left the house for work at 100% on charge. Otherwise I would be looking for a charger soon!

With this 5, I don't worry. I use the phone and come home from work with a charge left. Then stick it on charger when I go to bed. No bump charging, no worrying, no drama...
    10-19-2012 02:45 PM
    I got a 64GB Black one in store this morning. I'm lovin it so far! LOVE my iPhone 5! I'll never EVER have any other brand of smart phone again!
    10-19-2012 03:21 PM
    ...snipped,,,

How is this even possible do people still carry iphone 3g's around i mean not even the 3gs but 3G..... Absurd!!!!
    I hear ya and I agree. I have NEVER held on to a mobile phone even close to that long. Heck, if I weren't so content with my 4S, I would have already gotten rid of it by now. Having said that, my contentment will not last beyond the next iteration of the iPhone. That's a given...lol
    10-19-2012 03:39 PM
    I'll let you know as soon as i get mine. I still currently have my faithful Iphone 4 which is getting the job done and still have not even had the privilege of seeing and Ip5 in person...... or evening holding one in my hand.

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:25 PM ----------

I hear ya and I agree. I have NEVER held on to a mobile phone even close to that long. Heck, if I weren't so content with my 4S, I would have already gotten rid of it by now. Having said that, my contentment will not last beyond the next iteration of the iPhone. That's a given...lol
    Not everyone is flush with cash like you, D
    10-19-2012 03:49 PM
    I'm so not thrilled that I didn't upgrade my 4S to 5. In fact, come next month I will be switching to a Windows phone and will probably buy a Windows tablet to replace my iPad 3
    10-19-2012 04:00 PM
    Wow, I thought only Blackberry users kept their phones for 5 years and then complained that they were out of date. It's no wonder RIM is dead. Their phones last too long and people complain about how their phone from 2005 is out of date and how out of step RIM is with the iPhone 5.
    10-19-2012 04:15 PM

Hahahahahaaa. Yup. iPhone 3G. Damn thing just kept working. Slow as molasses, but still working. Tough for me to justify the upgrade until now. I was going to hold out for the iPhone 7, but jumped the gun and pulled the trigger early. Now my new best friend is Siri. My wife thinks she is a snarky b*itch, but I enjoy her company.
    lonbeehold likes this.
    10-19-2012 04:22 PM
    The jump from the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5 is not as significant as one might expect. Vs the iPhone 4 it could be something you should consider.

What is frustrating me are the lack of available accessories right out of the gate. The connection adapter should have been made available immediately. I have several 30 pin connection compliant devices that are completely useless to me. I miss using my desktop dock charger and Boston acoustics portable stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-2012 04:48 PM
    Exactly! Apple should have had those adapters made up before the phone even went on sale. And I feel apple should have included ONE adapter with the phone, knowing most users already have docks and assorted 30pin accessories.
    footmatix likes this.
    10-19-2012 05:01 PM
    You are right they should have included an adapter with the purchase of a new phone. Very cheap of Apple and to charge $30 for it is ludicrous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-2012 05:09 PM
    Please tell me we're not going to get into this adaptor horsesh*t again...
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-19-2012 07:57 PM
    Please tell me we're not going to get into this adaptor horsesh*t again...
    Only that apple, KNOWING that the vast majority of its loyal followers had multitudes of 30 pin accessories should have had the adapters ready on release day. That and they should have included one adapter with the phone.
    footmatix likes this.
    10-19-2012 08:05 PM
    This being my first iphone, I absolutely love it. It's freaking awesome. Wish I'd gone with the 64gb instead of my 32gb, my buddy said his DOES cure cancer and save whales.
    Shulaw1999 likes this.
    10-19-2012 08:09 PM
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
    10-19-2012 08:34 PM
    Only that apple, KNOWING that the vast majority of its loyal followers had multitudes of 30 pin accessories should have had the adapters ready on release day. That and they should have included one adapter with the phone.
    We've danced this dance a hundred times already...are any of you simply going to get over it? I mean you're talking accessories that you can get for a couple of dollars...or, if you're feeling the itch, $30 from Apple.

Apple sells a phone that COULD break fairly easily after being dropped...i guess they SHOULD give a case with every phone to protect it "just in case".

They also only give one cord with the phone...i guess they SHOULD give 3-4 of them per iPhone in case you lose one, damage it or don't have it conveniently when you need it.

The iPhone also doesn't like water...Apple should provide a water proof bubble to put it in in the event of some kind of water encounter (pool, river, biblical flood).
    10-19-2012 09:00 PM
    Ya but they should have included the adapter.
    10-19-2012 09:12 PM
    We've danced this dance a hundred times already...are any of you simply going to get over it? I mean you're talking accessories that you can get for a couple of dollars...or, if you're feeling the itch, $30 from Apple.

Apple sells a phone that COULD break fairly easily after being dropped...i guess they SHOULD give a case with every phone to protect it "just in case".

They also only give one cord with the phone...i guess they SHOULD give 3-4 of them per iPhone in case you lose one, damage it or don't have it conveniently when you need it.

The iPhone also doesn't like water...Apple should provide a water proof bubble to put it in in the event of some kind of water encounter (pool, river, biblical flood).
    So tell me Sean, were you born a jacka$$ or do you practice in front of the mirror every day?

;-p
    10-19-2012 09:12 PM
    I came from the Galaxy S III for an iPhone 5! Loving it!
    10-19-2012 09:31 PM
    Remember when mobile phones were charged by fairly standard AC adapters? I don't remember spares included with those phones, you had to get one separately. I also don't remember adapters being available when you purchased a different phone from the same manufacturer with a different charging port.

Should there have been adapters more easily available? Probably. But in all actuality I'm personally glad that Apple is offering adapters at all - strictly speaking, they didn't have to, they could have made all of us purchase different accessories and docks.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2012 09:36 PM
    To be honest, I would rather apple NOT have offered the adapters. Then the little guys would be free to make their knock offs. LOL

A few of you just don't get it. The 30 pin connector has been the staple of apple products since what, 2004 with the iPod? Their are millions of homes and cars with docks n ports for that 30 pin connector. Apple has taken advantage of that so that billions of apple products use that same connector.

Now they decide it is time for a change. I agree with the change. But they should have rewarded their customers that have been so loyal to that company with their hard earned dollars and tossed in an adapter that cost them only a few dollars. To say to the customer, "thank you for your years of loyalty!"

Instead they work tirelessly to shut down the people that are trying to bring us adapters at a cheaper price.

Go Apple!
    10-19-2012 10:17 PM
    I feel the same way, in this day and age my satisfaction for all things tech, or maybe just my mobile devices is incurable. He/she should be given an award for holding onto his 3g for so long

---------- Post Merged at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Hahahahahaaa. Yup. iPhone 3G. Damn thing just kept working. Slow as molasses, but still working. Tough for me to justify the upgrade until now. I was going to hold out for the iPhone 7, but jumped the gun and pulled the trigger early. Now my new best friend is Siri. My wife thinks she is a snarky b*itch, but I enjoy her company.
    Jumped the gun my friend you just assembled it you deserve this upgrade for holding out so long. Hell they should have sent you a free one... Lol and i think your wife's just jealous because you cuddle with siri at night while shes left in the cold with no covers
    Shulaw1999 likes this.
    10-19-2012 10:42 PM
147 1234 ...