Wipe iPhone 4s w/o Password

SuperIVIan11

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I work fro a school and we let go of an employee that had a school owned phone. I am trying to wipe the phone but it keeps asking me for her apple ID password. How can I wipe this without an Apple ID password?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I work fro a school and we let go of an employee that had a school owned phone. I am trying to wipe the phone but it keeps asking me for her apple ID password. How can I wipe this without an Apple ID password?

If you can get into the phone - just log out of everything that has an AppleID associated with it... like iTunes/AppStore, iCloud, etc. in settings - then you should be able to wipe the phone...

SuperIVIan11

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I was able to log out of everything but icloud. My now former coworker never verified it, so I can't log it out, and since she has find my iPhone turned on I can't delete the account.

SuperIVIan11

May 3, 2013
Visit site
We broke down and did that this morning, she is claiming to not remember it. The Apple ID used is an e-mail she not longer has access to as well.

SuperIVIan11

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I spoke with Apple Support, and they told me that since the device is running iOS7 and the "Where's my iPhone" is turned on, not even they can wipe the device. We are going to try and swap the device out with Sprint. I have spent my day going around to the other couple people who have a school supplied iPhone and ensured that they are using their facility email's as Apple ID's that way we can get the password back even if we let go of someone else. Unfortunately this one got away from us. Thanks for all the help.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you use the Apple Configurator? It's a Mac App available in the Mac AppStore - you might look into it - allows you to manage devices... it might help keep this from happening in the future.

SuperIVIan11

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to check that out. We only have 1 Mac here on location so I'll need to steal it away from our drama teacher. I'm an Android guy so other then the initial set-up of the device, I'm unfamiliar with the Apple world. Thanks again for the help, I may have some questions about the Apple Configurator, I'll be sure to head back this way if( more likely) when I run into another problem.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
How about I go ahead and call your BS. You stole it and now you want help to erase it so you can use it or sell it. If it walks like a duck...............

xkon

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
If it is tied to the employees email, could you not reactivate their email address on the email server, reset the email password, log into it and then reset the Apple ID password through iforgot.apple.com? Then you could verify it etc in the email account and use the new password to unlock the phone?

SuperIVIan11

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm very sorry that you believe that. That isn't true, I am the IT supervisor for a Christian school and the phone is property of my school. And I was looking for assistance from people more knowledgeable than myself. That's all I'm going to say on this to you, since I don't need to explain myself to you and it would be a complete waste of my time and energy to try and convince you of something other than you're own preconceived notion. You've said your piece, you are entitled to do so. Have a nice night.

SuperIVIan11

May 3, 2013
Visit site
So I brought my work home with me, since we can still use the phone, to set it up for our high-school principal by my admin. I was worried since the icloud account was still linked to our ex-employee's Apple ID. After playing around with it for a little while and by God's grace, I GOT IT! I was able to restore the device using iTunes (This is probably due to what looks like an update, iOS 7.0.2 is what it said), from what I can tell the old Apple ID is gone. Thanks to everyone who helped out, especially kch50428. I found that the Apple Configurer can also be downloaded for Windows. I will be looking into that Monday morning. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2