4S transfer

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Quick question, I have a VZ iPhone 4S which is JB and I am going to give it to my son who has never had a iPhone.

Do I have to reset it and loose the JB before I transfer it to him so this way it can be activated under his name on VZ? I know there is the process to remove the JB first then go from there but do not know if I have to do that?

When he connects to iTunes will it now know this is his phone?

Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Once a new device is active on the line the 4S was one, it is free to be activated under any other Verizon account as-is, jailbreak intact. You'll have to work out if son gets his own AppleID, or uses yours... you can use your MyVerizon account, if you have one, to replace the device on son's line... once you do that, you'll need to dial *228 and select option 1... and the phone will then be active on your son's line... and when connected to iTunes, it will already be active on your son's line.

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, looks like he does not want me to leave it JB so guess I will need to restore it back before I place it on his line.

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Just go into the Settings app and select the option to erase all data and settings. That should get rid of the jailbreak. If not
connect to iTunes and do a restore as
New.

NEVER EVER do this on a jail broken phone You must hook the phone up to your computer and restore as a new phone with iTunes, then the phone will be factory fresh. Doing this through the settings app will brick the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost