Home Button

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was just curious, with all the double clicking the home button to go into the app switcher and to exit out of apps tat are running, do you think the home button will start not working? How durable is the home button? Will it last me for 2-3 years?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was just curious, with all the double clicking the home button to go into the app switcher and to exit out of apps tat are running, do you think the home button will start not working? How durable is the home button? Will it last me for 2-3 years?

Before i had my 4S, i used my iPad(2yrs old) and an iPod touch(about 2yrs old) and both of the home buttons on them function just as if they were new right out of the box from day one.

I can understand your concerns, but i would think the way Apple builds their products, they are most certainly built to last;) I wouldnt worry much about it :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Shouldn't be a concern but you can always extend warranty to another year if it's a concern. Good idea any ways to do it.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
1) Jailbreak 4S
2) Install Activator
3) Set up a swipe gesture to load app switcher.
4) Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invid

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. Long before Apple added multitasking in iOS, I jailbroke my 2G and 3GS iPhones and set up multitasking to use the home button double click - in 2008ish. Neither phone suffered a premature home button failure due to the extra use. My 3GS was multitasking from launch day until December when I got a 4S, or over 2? years. The button still works as well as the day I got it.

Apple built the home button to last. Just enjoy your phone.

Last edited:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I can understand your concerns, but i would think the way Apple builds their products, they are most certainly built to last;) I wouldnt worry much about it :)

This. The iPhone is by far the best built phone I've ever owned. With my former BBs, the buttons would rub off or quit working after a few months. With the heavy usage I do with my iPhone on a daily basis, it works just as well as it did on day 1.

What is this?

It's an option in the Accessibility menu. Allows you to use your phone if you have a problem touching the screen.

Settings --> General --> Accessibility --> Assistive Touch