Have Sprint data speeds improved?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Here is my screenshot using AT&T 3G and also my work WiFi connection. Interesting that the wifi (which is also AT&T) is slower than my 3G connection.

Edit.. I realize this has nothing to do with Sprint...

6df57bba.jpg

Last edited:

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
maybe you people should try doing a test with full bars and not with 2 or 3 cuz the speed depends on how many bars you have

So I guess if you dont have full bars, then, what, your coverage sucks..and you wont be getting good data speeds? I guess I dont have to worry about that with AT&T since I had 3 bars and had excellent data speeds.

If you can't get full bars because of the crappy coverage, then what? The purpose of the speed test, at least for me, was to see my data speeds WHERE I AM.. and not have to move to an area that has full coverage.

Keep trying though.. you'll get there.:rolleyes:

sbalchand

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Per what I understand bars denote voice signal strength, not data.
Data is shown by presence of '3G' or the 'o' sign next to it, latter indicating Edge speeds.
The only dependency of data over voice is that if you don't have voice signal in an area you are definitely not getting data coverage there.

risingofthephoenix

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Per what I understand bars denote voice signal strength, not data.
Data is shown by presence of '3G' or the 'o' sign next to it, latter indicating Edge speeds.
The only dependency of data over voice is that if you don't have voice signal in an area you are definitely not getting data coverage there.
you are completely wrong there when it comes to CDMA because when I have less signal my data speed is dramatically slower

bhappy11

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
At my work AnnArbor Mi.
Have coworkers put their I-Phones on the speedtest app.
Sprint and Verizon the fastest was 50mbs. Verizon was consistently faster than sprint but not
by much.
The AT&T I-Phone pulled 6 mbps!!!!. It is faster than our company wiifi.
It keeps consistently pulling in 4 to 6 mbps.
We were all shocked at how fast that AT&T is. That owner was like no wonder i never use the wifi here.

Just thought I'd share.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77