Sound notifications/vibrate/sound profiles

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey, all. So, I'm coming from BlackBerry so please excuse the confusion. When I am at work I do not want my phone's notifications sounding. On BB, I had sound profiles customized so that I could set my notifications to vibrate or silent while at work and then switch it to Normal (received sound notifications) while at home. I'm wondering if there is a way to do this on the iPhone. Right now, I have it set so most of my sound notifications are 'None' and my phone ringtone is low (so that I don't receive sound notifications). I don't want to have to change this every day, but if I can't set up different profiles then I will leave my sound notifications at 'None' all the time. Thanks for any help.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i know.. that threw me for a loop too. Was SOOO easy to just switch to different profile for diff situations on my BB.. but the switch is handy. its right above the volume buttons.

you could also turn off the phone (press and hold the lock switch at the top till the slide to power off appears)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey, all. So, I'm coming from BlackBerry so please excuse the confusion. When I am at work I do not want my phone's notifications sounding. On BB, I had sound profiles customized so that I could set my notifications to vibrate or silent while at work and then switch it to Normal (received sound notifications) while at home. I'm wondering if there is a way to do this on the iPhone. Right now, I have it set so most of my sound notifications are 'None' and my phone ringtone is low (so that I don't receive sound notifications). I don't want to have to change this every day, but if I can't set up different profiles then I will leave my sound notifications at 'None' all the time. Thanks for any help.

yup you can just use the silent/ring switch located on the top left of the phone

creighton

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Sound profiles are actually useful. Sometimes all or none isn't ideal. Don't get me wrong, I think the iPhone is great for the most part. It is odd sometimes that it lacks some of the most basic functionality of other phones. Although, knowing Apple, if there were an option for sound profiles, you would have to click through 12 submenus under settings to change them.

suz458

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an iphone yet, but will be getting one in February. When the iphone is plugged into the charger, does it alert you of emails? We don't have a landline anymore, so my kids know to call my cell phone if there is an emergency at night and I will answer because my blackberry is set to the sound profile "phone calls only".

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an iphone yet, but will be getting one in February. When the iphone is plugged into the charger, does it alert you of emails? We don't have a landline anymore, so my kids know to call my cell phone if there is an emergency at night and I will answer because my blackberry is set to the sound profile "phone calls only".

even when plugged u will get everything. with blackberry when i had it plugged overnight i just had phone calls only. unfortunately with iphone..if you know want to get any email alerts when sleeping you have to manually turn them off

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes I too will miss a few things from the blackberry. but time for a change. i did find out that Android wasn't it.:) Now if my Iphone would just get here

bwood021174

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I will also miss the profiles, seems like that would be an easy fix, or even a simple app that would be worth the money,

Does the 4s do a missed call notification when coming out of standby? I would miss that also.

Hey app designers should be reading all this stuff that BB users will miss and get busy !

sunil mittal

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

Linda Kerby

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
Hello. My name is Linda King. Kerby. I'm trying to download, sign up for sound profile app. I have new S8t phone. I need help. Keeps blocking me. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2