iPhone 4 Will Only Charge via USB and Laptop..PLEASE HELP, I have store appt in 1hr

Jeep14

Feb 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys,

My phone has been working flawlessly, I've never Jailbroken it, dropped it or anything. Last night I had it plugged in (Using the Apple cord) and it just flat out stopped. Immediately, I tried hard resetting...no luck, I then plugged it into my laptop to try it....and it was charging. I've now restored it TWICE as a new iPhone and neither attempt fixed the AC Charging issue. I'm a heavy corporate user and I am headed out of town on business and cannot afford to be without this phone. It's been terrible today! The last day of the month and I've been stuck. Has anyone else had this issue?? I've tried searching...but have only found the charging issue in reverse...works in the wall but not USB. I really don't want to get jerked around at my Apple Store appointment in an hour. Can someone please Advise?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Take your wall adpater with you too. It may be bad. They will figure out where the issue is as long as you bring your cord and wall adapter.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It could be the wall adapter. Did you try another iPhone with that charger? Did you try same iPhone in a different wall charger? Doesn't sound like an iPhone as much as a charger problem.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jeep14

Feb 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes, thank you guys. I've tried 3 different Apple cords and even my iPad cord...NOTHING. On top of it, my wife's iphone 4 and our iPad worked with everyone of them.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Apple will verify it doesnt work and just swap it out as long as your within warranty period

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If that's the case, it may be one of the pins on your charging port in your phone. Either way, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll