New Iphone 4 user here.

GraytScott

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Was on Blackberry, the Storm 2 was awful.

Still learning the phone, so far, I like it. My BB was paid for at work. Others want to switch, so I'm the guinea pig. I need to prove it can work for a small company. As it is, I gave up $45 a month paid for, which is a lot of damn money, to give this a shot. I'm hoping I can get others to switch, have work pay for it. If not, I may switch back, if the new BB's are worth it. They look much improved.

The phone is fluid for sure. Not sure on battery life yet, I have to admit, I'm hooked on fruit ninja! Gotta give it a day of just calls/emails/texts to really know I guess. BB has the push email figured, and the battery life good on it.

I synced my home email, I do like the layout and look. I have it to "pull" every 15 minutes.

So, work is tomorrow, how do I sync with microsoft exchange? Easy? We have a BES server too, but I guess I can just sync with exchange directly, correct? And, I do want my emails all the time for work. I have to change my email settings for both, can't separate?

I love how fast the phone is, how it works. SO fluid. I really wanted to wait for the IP5, but my S2 rebooted all the time, I was on client calls and it would just stop working. It wasn't even holding a full day on battery any longer, more like half a day. (and I'd bought a new battery a few months back) I just couldn't take it any more. If the IP5 is worth it, I'll sell this and pay the difference for an IP5 or a new BB, the new ones look promising. I'm trying to keep an open mind on this new phone. So far, I dig it, it's pretty awesome.

Sorry, noob here with this phone, so I'll be asking away. I'm depending on everyone in here to prove to me I should keep this phone, that I can use it for my 8-5 job, my business on the side, (personal email too) and all the useful tools I expect a 21st century smart phone to have! :)

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Open up settings then scroll down to mail. Open mail settings, then open add account, and the first item is for adding exchange server accounts.

Depending on how much email you get, you may want to change the default 50 message view, which is changeable from mail settings also.

I went from a storm 1 to the iPhone. Night and Day difference, though you may find the loss of the few things BB does better (profiles come to mind) to be annoying. There were several threads early on in this forum about moving from BB to iPhone. You might want to check those out.

Good luck.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Who is your person email provider? If it's Gmail or Hotmail you can get push via Exchange. You can get native Yahoo push but it is pretty unreliable.

For work email you can setup Exchange directly like you said, your server admins should have the settings.

Last note, the battery and power management on the iPhone 4 is good.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think if you use email alot for work than having full HTML email is nice and not having truncated email would also be a nice selling point. With setting it up through exchange it will be pushed just as fast as a Blackberry.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GraytScott

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
My home email is through cox. I've had zero issues, and really, don't care if that's push. I do use it for personal biz, but every half hour is just fine.

However, if I have to have PUSH/PULL set for BOTH, and can't separate, I'll change to true push so I can have work emails all the time. I'd say I average 150-200 emails a day.

So far, my IT guy and me have had no luck setting up the exchange account, it won't verify. Still trying to figure it out.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My home email is through cox. I've had zero issues, and really, don't care if that's push. I do use it for personal biz, but every half hour is just fine.

However, if I have to have PUSH/PULL set for BOTH, and can't separate, I'll change to true push so I can have work emails all the time. I'd say I average 150-200 emails a day.

So far, my IT guy and me have had no luck setting up the exchange account, it won't verify. Still trying to figure it out.

You can have them set independently. For me Hotmail/Gmail push and AOL is manual.

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
To get my work email (IBM Lotus Notes) to work on my iPhone, the IS department sent us a link for a Traveler profile that you can download and install. Ask your IT guy about it. I'm not sure how it works or how its set up, because on the user end, it was just click the email, enter your ID and password, click install, and voila! It worked like a charm.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77