Found Verizon iPhone

Stoopidemu

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks. Long time blog reader, first time on the forums.
So my co workers and I found a Verizon iPhone in the our bar. The phone has no contacts, no media, no app store apps, nothing but a few (rather lewd) pictures. The curious thing is, when I go into the phone app and to the blank all contacts page, at the top it says "My Number: 0000004984". Anyone have any idea what that's about?

Edit: also when I try to access Internet it says "Use WiFi or enable data roaming in Settings > General > Network. Additional Fees May apply." It's definitely Verizon because I looked up the model number (a1349). Is it just not activated? And why would it be in our bar??

Last edited:

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i need to make this a stored reply.

Found goods need to be returned to the authority before they become deemed STOLEN goods. The different between a good samaritan and a criminal is returning the phone to the police.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I would take it back to a Verizon Corp store. They can track down the owner. I would guess the pics were taken after the remote wipe.

I'm sure it has already been reported lost or stolen...so it would be worthless if that thought passed through already.

saberahul

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Number format does not make sense. Take it to Verizon and turn it in... it really isn't your problem that someone lost their phone; it is your responsibility to turn it in and not steal it and since you're turning it in or trying to find the owner, my hats off to you.

Stoopidemu

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna return it to Verizon, I was more just curious about the number thing than anything. Didn't think about a remote wipe but that makes sense. Anyway, the guy who found it made me give it back to him at the end of the shift when I couldn't figure it out, he said he was going to give it to his friend because he owed him a favor (he's a real sketch ball so I didn't even question that!)
As to the pics, believe me, you didn't want to see these picks. Very possible some jack ass took those after the remote wipe. Wouldn't put it past one of the guys from the kitchen, probably thinking it was the bartenders phone.

Not gonna lie tho. My first thought was "Oh man, did I just find an iPhone 5 prototype?!?" That would have been sweet.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I will never understand why people think keeping someone elses phone is okay/a good plan. If they remote wiped it, they also blocked it and the phone is a brick. Tell your friend not to be a tool and return the freaking thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77