HDR Speed Improvement on 4.3

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that the HDR processing seems a little faster on 4.3? I took my first HDR photo today on 4.3 and it seemed snappier. Wishful thinking?

StevenJ_AK

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I havent unfortunatly. And this has been one of my huge concerns to the point ive almost took my wife's iphone back. The day i bought them the camera was fast. Soon as i synced the phones from a back up it takes 10+ seconds to even launch the camera (regardless if its from the home screen or the app switcher) and up to 15 seconds to save one photo!
So, this past weekend i deleted all the photos from my camera roll, saved them to my computer and re-synced them to my photo library. This did make a difference on my phone, but only slightly.

I think this is the WORST part of my phone. We just had a new baby 3 months ago and even though i make my money as a photographer we still snap tons of pics with our iphones. It drives me insane. I wish there was a way to fix this.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I went through the painstaking task of restoring as new last Friday, so maybe that's the difference and not 4.3.

Do you have Camera+ by TapTapTap? That seems to open faster and there is a burst mode so you don't have to wait for the individual photos to save.

StevenJ_AK

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I do have that app and as a camera it is super fast, i like that but couldnt figure out how to do (or if you even can do) HDR. I also have HDR Pro and 360. All great camera apps but its kinda hard to beat the quality of some pics (especially outdoors) of the native iphone HDR mode.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I agree, Apple's native camera app seems the best for quality. HDR is available under 'Special' in the FX Effects tab in Camera+ but it compresses the size even with Full Quality selected. It compressed a 1.82 MB photo to 1.09 MB.

Reactions: StevenJ_AK

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2