Has anyone else noticed that the HDR processing seems a little faster on 4.3? I took my first HDR photo today on 4.3 and it seemed snappier. Wishful thinking?
    03-15-2011 05:33 PM
    I havent unfortunatly. And this has been one of my huge concerns to the point ive almost took my wife's iphone back. The day i bought them the camera was fast. Soon as i synced the phones from a back up it takes 10+ seconds to even launch the camera (regardless if its from the home screen or the app switcher) and up to 15 seconds to save one photo!
    So, this past weekend i deleted all the photos from my camera roll, saved them to my computer and re-synced them to my photo library. This did make a difference on my phone, but only slightly.

I think this is the WORST part of my phone. We just had a new baby 3 months ago and even though i make my money as a photographer we still snap tons of pics with our iphones. It drives me insane. I wish there was a way to fix this.
    03-15-2011 06:16 PM
    I went through the painstaking task of restoring as new last Friday, so maybe that's the difference and not 4.3.

Do you have Camera+ by TapTapTap? That seems to open faster and there is a burst mode so you don't have to wait for the individual photos to save.
    03-15-2011 06:41 PM
    I do have that app and as a camera it is super fast, i like that but couldnt figure out how to do (or if you even can do) HDR. I also have HDR Pro and 360. All great camera apps but its kinda hard to beat the quality of some pics (especially outdoors) of the native iphone HDR mode.
    03-15-2011 07:01 PM
    I agree, Apple's native camera app seems the best for quality. HDR is available under 'Special' in the FX Effects tab in Camera+ but it compresses the size even with Full Quality selected. It compressed a 1.82 MB photo to 1.09 MB.
    StevenJ_AK likes this.
    03-15-2011 07:20 PM
    Never noticed that before. Thanks!
    03-15-2011 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD