VZW discontinued "new every 2" last week. Anyone that still has it on their account will get one more shot at it. After that, no more.
    yes I know the new every 2 is gone after we use our next renewal.

my point in using it was Steve Jobs is like the new every 2 with new hardware Iphone releases every 2 years only .

with software tweaks the off year case in point beta 4.03 for AT&T phones includes the hotspot that the verizon phone is going to have.
    01-22-2011 06:48 PM
    now apple usually releases new hardware every 2 years so both at&t and Verizon won't see a new Iphone until next June 2012.

if you research this you'll see the pattern that apple has yet to deviate from it to date. but feel free to hope for next iphone 5 release this year.
    No, Apple does not release a new iPhone every two years, they release a new iPhone every year.

iPhone -- 2007
    iPhone 3G -- 2008
    iPhone 3GS -- 2009
    iPhone 4 -- 2010

See the pattern? That's every year, not every two years. I don't know where you got your information from, but it's incorrect.
    01-22-2011 08:07 PM
    You could always sell your iPhone 4 on eBay and use the money towards the Iphone 5.
    01-22-2011 08:09 PM
    No, Apple does not release a new iPhone every two years, they release a new iPhone every year.

iPhone -- 2007
    iPhone 3G -- 2008
    iPhone 3GS -- 2009
    iPhone 4 -- 2010

See the pattern? That's every year, not every two years. I don't know where you got your information from, but it's incorrect.
    I think he was talking about hardware changes made to the phone.
    01-22-2011 08:20 PM
    I think he was talking about hardware changes made to the phone.
    Well, he simply said "new iPhone," so if he meant completely redesigned hardware, it would have be helpful if he had specified that.

Plus, even though the 3G and 3GS had the same shell, it was in fact different hardware because of the camera and what was under the hood.

Furthermore, the hardware WAS redesigned after ONE year after the release of the original iPhone when the iPhone 3G launched. Those two phones were pretty different hardware-wise, so even if he did mean it how you said it, it still wouldn't really make sense.

now apple usually releases new hardware every 2 years so both at&t and Verizon won't see a new Iphone until next June 2012.

if you research this you'll see the pattern that apple has yet to deviate from it to date. but feel free to hope for next iphone 5 release this year.
    01-22-2011 08:28 PM
    Mee. Family plan with 3 lines that are eligible to upgrade. Buying the iphone4 when it comes out and IF a newer phone comes out sell the 4 on on ebay and buying the new one at discounted pricing.
    01-22-2011 08:58 PM
    I'm not counting on there being an iPhone 5 released this summer, but if it does happen, I'll weigh my options then. I'm paying full retail for the iPhone 4 and will have 2 lines eligible for upgrades by July 6th. If an iPhone 5 is released and is a big enough of a leap in technology, I'd pick that up and sell my iPhone 4.
    01-22-2011 11:18 PM
    okay I did go to the wikpedia web site and read up on the iphone models I stand corrected and admit I goofed and was wrong in my new every 2 statement.

but in reading and having a graph showing each release of iphone it hit me.
    the iphone 4 was a major design change in the phones looks so if we follow that graph on wikpedia a totally new looking iphone might only happen every 4 years.

as you say its merely speculation on my part.

gee do you think the screen size wars will escalate to an Ipadophone? lol
    01-23-2011 09:21 AM
    I highly doubt Apple/Verizon will release another newer iphone 6 months after. It just ain't gonna happen. Whats the point? They will probably wait a year till possibly releasing an LTE version or GSM-CDMA Qualcom chip phone so as to make only one model.

I still believe AT&T will be 6 month ahead of Verizon for the foreseeable future pertaining to iphone releases.
    01-23-2011 12:35 PM
    I'm in a family plan so Verizon gives the option to use a family member's upgrade. I'm definitely jumping on that train when it arrives. (uh... if it arrives?)
    01-23-2011 01:33 PM
    If it's a significant device change, I'm gonna be all over it! I don't care what it costs. You only live once!
    01-24-2011 06:06 PM
    Not me. I'm paying full retail for the iPhone 4, and am not going to shell out another $700+ for another one in a few months ... I don't have that kind of money just laying around.
    Im the same I am going to wait until apple releases a 4g iphone then I will jump but until then I will stick with the iphone 4 and nobody knows if there will even be an i5 this summer so idk why people are getting all excited I mean it took 4 years to get an iphone there is no guarantee there will be another one 4 months down the road
    01-24-2011 09:58 PM
    I'll get the iPhone 4 at launch and then give it to my wife with iPhone5 comes out. Since she is still in contract with no upgrade she can't complain too much.
    01-24-2011 10:27 PM
    The biggest thing that would get me to move up from an iPhone 4 would be a size increase from 32 to 64 gigs.
    01-25-2011 11:39 PM
    The biggest thing that would get me to move up from an iPhone 4 would be a size increase from 32 to 64 gigs.
    I hope that happens with this next upgrade, but l don't know if it will. Beyond that though, I think this will be as much of an upgrade as the 3GS was. We're gonna have something like the iPhone 4S.
    01-26-2011 02:58 PM
    I wouldn't. I heard the iphone 5 would only be a slight upgrade. In terms of looks however it might be a new design. Still i believe most people will wait and see it first before committing.
    I think it's going to be the exact same design but with the new A5 chip and maybe 1GB of RAM.

If so, then that's a significant upgrade as far as performance but most would still consider it a minor upgrade. Like I've said all along, this next upgrade will basically be an iPhone 4S.
    01-27-2011 09:55 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD