How do you create groups for quicker text messaging?

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
If I wanted to create groups for faster mass text messaging, how would I go about doing so? I have an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
There's two good apps for this .. one is called "Group Text" .. the only downside is that if anyone replies to the text, everyone in the "group" receives that message. So idk if that's a feature you want.

A better one, is called "Mass SMS" .. it'll let you create groups and organize your contacts. Except that app is 1.99 ... so it depends how important this feature is to you.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually .. Just did another search and downloaded a free app called "Group SMS!" .. it seems to do the trick very nicely!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
There are two other Apps called "Tacts" and "Groups". They both are Contact Management type Apps but they both can do "group" SMS and/or Email.

rushrl

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If I wanted to create groups for faster mass text messaging, how would I go about doing so? I have an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1.

it is possible. What you need to do is open your contact list and press and hold the home button while you are holding that select the contacts you want to send the group message to. after you have all the contacts you want highlighted release the home button and it will open up the messaging app with those contacts selected, just type away your message and send like normal and it will hit all the people you selected

Last edited:

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
You can also just keep adding names in the To: field. No special app needed. You will, however, only see one reply at a time and others will not know they're part of the group. So really just good for getting the same message out to several people at once-not for group conversation.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
it is possible. What you need to do is open your contact list and press and hold the home button while you are holding that select the contacts you want to send the group message to. after you have all the contacts you want highlighted release the home button and it will open up the messaging app with those contacts selected, just type away your message and send like normal and it will hit all the people you selected

hmmm... whenever I try that (press and hold home button and select a contact), it just goes into Voice Command.

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
You can also just keep adding names in the To: field. No special app needed. You will, however, only see one reply at a time and others will not know they're part of the group. So really just good for getting the same message out to several people at once-not for group conversation.

I've been doing that currently, but was looking for an easier way of doing. I know on blackberries(which I had in the past) I was able to do that. It's not a biggie but it would be nice to do it. I'll try a few of these options this afternoon and post back. Please keep the ideas coming! You guys are great!

Love my iPhone 4 by the way! No other device compares!

TernTek

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Tacts for group text

We are the developer for Tacts which is now a free app :) You need to first create groups. When you enter a group, tap the "more" button at the top right corner and select group email or sms. Tacts allows you to then remove contacts that you don't need and configure to/cc/bcc for individual emails address.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77