Music volume super quiet after receiving alert

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
A quick google search has shown that a lot of people have been having this problem for over a year (possibly longer), but I didn't seem to find anything when searching in this forum...

As the title says, I will be listening to music or podcasts via the iPod app when I receive an alert (SMS message, Twitter notification, Runkeeper progress update, etc). As expected, the volume of my music will lower to make the alert more audible/noticeable, but will then fail to return to normal levels. No amount of pressing the volume buttons or moving the on-screen volume slider will fix this. The only solution I have found is to go into the main Sound Settings, lowering the Ringer/alert volume slightly, and then returning that same volume slider to normal (basically moving the slider left and then right again). It's almost as if this resets the volumes across the board, and everything is fine.

This has happened to me while using headphones, while not using headphones (just the built-in speaker), AND while listening via bluetooth to my car stereo. What's equally strange is that I don't recall this ever being a problem until late December.... yet I upgraded to the latest and greatest firmware weeks before that without this issue cropping up.

I can't seem to find a solution via google search... has anyone else come across this problem?

Jose Villegas

May 24, 2015
Visit site
A quick google search has shown that a lot of people have been having this problem for over a year (possibly longer), but I didn't seem to find anything when searching in this forum...

As the title says, I will be listening to music or podcasts via the iPod app when I receive an alert (SMS message, Twitter notification, Runkeeper progress update, etc). As expected, the volume of my music will lower to make the alert more audible/noticeable, but will then fail to return to normal levels. No amount of pressing the volume buttons or moving the on-screen volume slider will fix this. The only solution I have found is to go into the main Sound Settings, lowering the Ringer/alert volume slightly, and then returning that same volume slider to normal (basically moving the slider left and then right again). It's almost as if this resets the volumes across the board, and everything is fine.

This has happened to me while using headphones, while not using headphones (just the built-in speaker), AND while listening via bluetooth to my car stereo. What's equally strange is that I don't recall this ever being a problem until late December.... yet I upgraded to the latest and greatest firmware weeks before that without this issue cropping up.

I can't seem to find a solution via google search... has anyone else come across this problem?

I finally found a solution to my problem here is some info,

i been doing search and can't find the answer

I am using galaxy s5, samsung circle bluetooth headphones

my problem is just like yours, music plays normal , i get notification (mainly a message), music lowers but doesn't raise back up

solution, I believe it's an app and not the android I wish I could post pics, I have the Samsung circle icon in my status bar where the battery is shown, i can access the Samsung circle app aka "samsung gear" through there, on the gear app it has settings, notifications and equalizer, well I went to the notifications and checked off the messages app and wala my problem got fixed, I couldn't believe it because I couldn't find an answer and I hate doing little gimmicks to get the vole back up it was a pretty anoying setting because I just want to jam music

I hope this helps people out