I have a repeatable problem with my exchange email. I have gmail set up as an exchange account in the mail app. I send and receive fine except when I use safari to "mail link to this page". When I do that the email gets composed but sits in my out box locally (not on googles site) and never get sent. I have a few pop account that work fine. I have deleted the exchange service and recreated it and it still happens. Can anyone else reproduce this?
    09-28-2010 01:31 AM
    try when you say "mail link to page" and the email prompt comes up click the "cc/bcc, From :" section and specify which account your sending from.

best of luck
    09-28-2010 01:43 AM
    As long as I select my gmail (exchange) server it doesn't send. This is strictly an exchange issue as my yahoo imap and pacbell pop email account work perfectly. It's not google because it sits local and never get sent.
    09-28-2010 01:53 AM
    thats weird... well ill take the jobs aproach and say don't do that...
    09-28-2010 01:59 AM
    Funny :/
    Btw, if I go to the email in the outbox I can hit the send button and it goes. It just never sends automatically. And this is only for emails composed from safari using the links option.
    09-28-2010 03:12 AM
    what phone model and IOS version are you running and are you jailbroken?

i just tried it using my Gmail exchange account and worked just fine on IP4 32gb>>IOS 4.1 GM

it worked just find it went woosh then not even a sec later i got an E-mail alert.
    09-28-2010 03:24 AM
    iP4
    iOS4.1
    No jailbreak.
    Did you try doing it through safari? It works fine if not going through safari with me.
    09-28-2010 03:57 AM
    yes did it through safari in the above example

ok then im down to the last resort procedures:
    run through settings one more time and see if you might have something turned on/off

sync with itunes see if that has any change (making it sure it backsup) and if still nothing and assuming its really bugging you

do a full restore.

after that the only thing you can do is take it to a genius bar and see if they can fix/replace it (replace not likely sounds like a software not hardware issue)
    09-28-2010 04:16 AM
    Thx. That's what I wanted to confirm. Look like something is corrupt. I'll do a clean install.
    09-28-2010 04:30 AM
    best of luck
    09-28-2010 04:38 AM
    I have a similar problem, as does my fiancee. We are running the iPhone 4, and iOS 4.1.

When you attempt to send from anything that is a "mail this ____", be it photos, from the notes app, from safari, etc. It just sits there in the Outbox until I go into the outbox and actually send it. It's quite annoying.
    09-28-2010 02:04 PM
    quick question for both of you
    in settings >> mail,contacts,calendars what are your default accounts?
    09-28-2010 02:27 PM
    Default account is the "second" account on my phone which is my exchange account. On my fiancee's phone, it is the ONLY account she has on her device.
    09-28-2010 03:29 PM
    I can't reproduce this issue when I do it it sends the email no problem
    09-28-2010 03:47 PM
    I have a similar problem, as does my fiancee. We are running the iPhone 4, and iOS 4.1.

When you attempt to send from anything that is a "mail this ____", be it photos, from the notes app, from safari, etc. It just sits there in the Outbox until I go into the outbox and actually send it. It's quite annoying.
    I have the exact same problem with my exchange Gmail account. This is my only email account on my phone. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago when I emailed some links from safari to my son. He said he never got them, and sure enough, they were sitting in my out box. Strange, because I never had this problem before 4.1. Not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying.

iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 - not jailbroken
    09-28-2010 08:33 PM
    bug? I suppose I am not quite understand it.
    09-29-2010 12:01 AM
    well if it is a bug then a restore should fix it seeing as it is only effecting some people.
    09-29-2010 12:15 AM
    Solution.
    This is a repeatable bug with a workaround. The problem occurs when in addition to your Google exchange account being configured, you also have a Gmail IMAP account configured (I had it for notes sync). This breaks the outbound emails from all apps except Mail.
    10-05-2010 03:07 AM
    Rstark,

My fiance has only 1 exchange account on her phone, a Hotmail account. She too has the problem. So, I don't think it is due to a gmail exchange + gmail imap configuration.
    10-05-2010 11:00 AM
    Very strange because I can reproduce it on demand by adding or deleting my gmail imap config (not just disabling).
    10-05-2010 03:01 PM
    Same here. I just deleted my Google Notes sync, and it fixed the problem.
    10-05-2010 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD