Exchange bug???

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a repeatable problem with my exchange email. I have gmail set up as an exchange account in the mail app. I send and receive fine except when I use safari to "mail link to this page". When I do that the email gets composed but sits in my out box locally (not on googles site) and never get sent. I have a few pop account that work fine. I have deleted the exchange service and recreated it and it still happens. Can anyone else reproduce this?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
try when you say "mail link to page" and the email prompt comes up click the "cc/bcc, From :" section and specify which account your sending from.

best of luck

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
As long as I select my gmail (exchange) server it doesn't send. This is strictly an exchange issue as my yahoo imap and pacbell pop email account work perfectly. It's not google because it sits local and never get sent.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Funny :/
Btw, if I go to the email in the outbox I can hit the send button and it goes. It just never sends automatically. And this is only for emails composed from safari using the links option.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
what phone model and IOS version are you running and are you jailbroken?

i just tried it using my Gmail exchange account and worked just fine on IP4 32gb>>IOS 4.1 GM

it worked just find it went woosh then not even a sec later i got an E-mail alert.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
yes did it through safari in the above example

ok then im down to the last resort procedures:
run through settings one more time and see if you might have something turned on/off

sync with itunes see if that has any change (making it sure it backsup) and if still nothing and assuming its really bugging you

do a full restore.

after that the only thing you can do is take it to a genius bar and see if they can fix/replace it (replace not likely sounds like a software not hardware issue)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a similar problem, as does my fiancee. We are running the iPhone 4, and iOS 4.1.

When you attempt to send from anything that is a "mail this ____", be it photos, from the notes app, from safari, etc. It just sits there in the Outbox until I go into the outbox and actually send it. It's quite annoying.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Default account is the "second" account on my phone which is my exchange account. On my fiancee's phone, it is the ONLY account she has on her device.

raveniphone

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar problem, as does my fiancee. We are running the iPhone 4, and iOS 4.1.

When you attempt to send from anything that is a "mail this ____", be it photos, from the notes app, from safari, etc. It just sits there in the Outbox until I go into the outbox and actually send it. It's quite annoying.

I have the exact same problem with my exchange Gmail account. This is my only email account on my phone. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago when I emailed some links from safari to my son. He said he never got them, and sure enough, they were sitting in my out box. Strange, because I never had this problem before 4.1. Not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying.

iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 - not jailbroken

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Solution.
This is a repeatable bug with a workaround. The problem occurs when in addition to your Google exchange account being configured, you also have a Gmail IMAP account configured (I had it for notes sync). This breaks the outbound emails from all apps except Mail.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Rstark,

My fianc?e has only 1 exchange account on her phone, a Hotmail account. She too has the problem. So, I don't think it is due to a gmail exchange + gmail imap configuration.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2