Can you keep current info when updating your software?

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this has been discussed already. I've tried several different searches and have found nothing. My problem is when I update or restore my phone, I lose any info that I've added, ie... contacts, occasions, etc... How can I keep all of my apps info without having to re-input all of this info when I restore? What will happen if I restore as a new phone, will I lose all of my info?:confused:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you restore as new, you will lose your info. After that you'll need to perform a sync to get it back.

Your best bet is to sync your pim data (contacts, calendar) with Google so that it's always available in the cloud.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes once you sync with Itunes anything you had checked to sync previously should be synced back onto your phone. Also before you restore you can backup your phone just incase by right clicking on it in Itunes and choosing backup.

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all of the help. I've got it figured out now, after making the mistake of upgrading to 3.1 and losing my jailbreak...yeah I know..Stupid huh!?! I hope the Dev team will come out with a jailbreak soon for the 3gs and windows pc!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2