• 4 or more... I'm hardcore...

Votes: 67 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm curious how many home screen pages do you currently use? I use 3 for the most part. Main screen is for my most used apps that I use every day - consists of internet links, few games, and general apps. 2nd page I use strictly for game and finally the 3rd I use for the apps and links that I use the least.

Any more than three is really not worth it for me. It used to be that it would take longer to sync but I guess 2.1 has solved that issue. Now it's pretty much just 3 to save some space.

What about you?

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah, it can be pretty addicting. ;) I really think anything over 3 is overkill. I'm pretty hardcore but I never use half of what I currently have. Just not enough time in the day.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
3. First screen is most used apps then I usually clump related things next to each other like Photos and Camera or games. I don't know how people have any more than 3 or 4, I don't even use all of the apps I have!

Last edited:

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I have 3 pages so far, nothing much new is coming out lately that is interesting. Must have to do with no push! I saw a guy who had 9 pages or something and was trying to figure out how to get more!!!

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm curious how many home screen pages do you currently use? I use 3 for the most part. Main screen is for my most used apps that I use every day - consists or internet links, few games, and general apps. 2nd page I use strictly for game and finally the 3rd I use for the apps and links that I use the least.

Any more than three is really not worth it for me. It used to be that it would take longer to sync but I guess 2.1 has solved that issue. Now it's pretty much just 3 to save some space.

What about you?

Oh man I have it exactly the same as you! I thought I was weird! Nice

dlai

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Two, with the regular stuff on the first page and everything else in folders on the second via the Catagories app in Cydia...

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Ebot how did you get that look on your phone-Jailbroken? Anyway it looks really cool.

I use 3 with 80% of use on the 1st page. 2nd page is games. 3rd page is iTunes, clock, settings etc.

E-Bot

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
yeh its jailbroken, the background constantly changes, which is good and bad, since it lags a little bit. Probably stick with a single background for all the screens.

ROAMINGRICAN

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I use all 9 but I don't fill them up except the first two 1) most used apps 2) utilities and tools 3) social networking 4) streaming audio apps 5) sports apps and web pages 6-9) games in various sorting methods ... It is very true that there isn't enough time in a day to use them all but in a week there is so at the end of a week if I don't remember opening an app and it is of no particular use, I delete it. I download a lot of apps and find this the best way of sifting out crapps.

Last edited:

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm a PackRat!!!

I use 9 screens. I constantly d/l and delete apps to see what's useful and what's not. Some I keep around just "because". Other than the first 3 screens and a couple "utility" screens that I use the rest is just fun stuff I'm tryin out. I figure hey if you have the space then why not use it :)

Also, one thing I found interesting from the other users pictures is the bottom 4 apps that are used. Other than the phone app (wished you could move it cause I'd replace it with SMS) I have to have mail available, the calendar and safari. Interesting to see what users deem important to have access to regardless of what screen they are on :)

Here's my breakdown:
Screen 1: Apps I need and use just about everyday. I dont use Midomi everyday but I hate trying to find it or Shazam when I'm driving and a song I dont know comes on.

Screen 2: Things I use just about everyday as well but include games and my horoscope and magic 8 ball.

Screen 3: Web shortcuts to pages I visit often. Notice the TiPb :D and the Full Google Calendar is nice to have a shortcut to.

Screen 4: Crap and stuff rarely used.
Screen 5: Language utilities. Probably should move these up a screen.
Screen 6: Calculators, money converters, etc. Probably should move these up too.
Screen 7: Crap
Screen 8: More crap
Screen 9: Yet even more dookie.

Hey like I said I am a packrat. People complained about not having apps on the 2g and now that we have 'em I tryin out whatever I can. Now that 2.1 is out it doesnt take forever to sync anymore :)

Apologies about the short novel here!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I use 9 screens. I constantly d/l and delete apps to see what's useful and what's not. Some I keep around just "because". Other than the first 3 screens and a couple "utility" screens that I use the rest is just fun stuff I'm tryin out. I figure hey if you have the space then why not use it :)

Also, one thing I found interesting from the other users pictures is the bottom 4 apps that are used. Other than the phone app (wished you could move it cause I'd replace it with SMS) I have to have mail available, the calendar and safari. Interesting to see what users deem important to have access to regardless of what screen they are on :)

Here's my breakdown:
Screen 1: Apps I need and use just about everyday. I dont use Midomi everyday but I hate trying to find it or Shazam when I'm driving and a song I dont know comes on.

Screen 2: Things I use just about everyday as well but include games and my horoscope and magic 8 ball.

Screen 3: Web shortcuts to pages I visit often. Notice the TiPb :D and the Full Google Calendar is nice to have a shortcut to.

Screen 4: Crap and stuff rarely used.
Screen 5: Language utilities. Probably should move these up a screen.
Screen 6: Calculators, money converters, etc. Probably should move these up too.
Screen 7: Crap
Screen 8: More crap
Screen 9: Yet even more dookie.

Hey like I said I am a packrat. People complained about not having apps on the 2g and now that we have 'em I tryin out whatever I can. Now that 2.1 is out it doesnt take forever to sync anymore :)

Apologies about the short novel here!

Is all that "crap" necessary? :D That's a lot of crap.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2