Exchange Email Options

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I just have a problem. I am trying to sign up for it right now and when I clicj the register domain I can't find one domain! They are all taken!!! I am trying but its hard as hell.

And yeah, that took me the longest to get one that sounded cool. :p

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Should be 15 bucks for a year. You sure you not looking at a few years there?

The only option I get on the drop down menu is 2 years at 60 bucks. If your 15 that should give me 30 at two years. Maybe it matter on the .com, .net, etc?

Are you on the hosted exchange?

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I got it all signed up but they said they sent me a activation link to my email. The only email they got was the one I signed up for my custom domain! Haha so I don't know how to get this setup yet! I am so anxous!

robdam1001

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
GOOD Exchange Service like 4smartphone & Mailstreet give you Complete Outlook sync including contacts, email calendar and tasks. They also give you OWA. I use Mailstreet and highly recommend it.

Dieters Watch

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I too am a Sherweb user. Does not get any better in my opinion. They were also rated the highest out of all exchange services. Just don't have the link handy to post.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Guys so far I am disappointed with sherweb. First of all I can't get it to work on outlook 2007. It has a problem connecting to the servers. It won't connect something about encryption not supported. Second of all I put it on the phone and sent a test email and I the phone did not go off so click into my email on the phone and fetched for the email which it was there but according to the settings for the account push is not available just fetch. :mad:I thought it was suppose to be true push. What about calender are you still using the calendar on the iphone and it is syncing? Maybe I need it to work on outlook before it pushes? According to the instructions when setting up the account on the phone I chose other instead of the microsoft exchange option, did I set this up wrong? I am waiting for the support to repsond, its been all day and nothing and I have been trying for hours to get this working. Ya I am getting frustrated.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Guys so far I am disappointed with sherweb. First of all I can't get it to work on outlook 2007. It has a problem connecting to the servers. It won't connect something about encryption not supported. Second of all I put it on the phone and sent a test email and I the phone did not go off so click into my email on the phone and fetched for the email which it was there but according to the settings for the account push is not available just fetch. :mad:I thought it was suppose to be true push. What about calender are you still using the calendar on the iphone and it is syncing? Maybe I need it to work on outlook before it pushes? According to the instructions when setting up the account on the phone I chose other instead of the microsoft exchange option, did I set this up wrong? I am waiting for the support to repsond, its been all day and nothing and I have been trying for hours to get this working. Ya I am getting frustrated.

Sounds like something in your setup is wrong. Everything is true push and it happens in a instant. Contacts, calendars, and email... Give them a call, they would be better than me to help you set it up. Quick look in my iPhone's settings shows me this...

Email: your full email
Server: webmail.ihostexchange.net
Domain: LEAVE THIS BLANK
User Namer: your full email again
Password: that's obvious
Description: whatever you want...
Use SSL: ON

Hope this helps.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Thats what I have right now I got fed up and deleted it on the phone but there was not push option available for it on the phone just fetch and manual. I am going to give them a call I think...if I can settle down. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jeremy

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Thats what I have right now I got fed up and deleted it on the phone but there was not push option available for it on the phone just fetch and manual. I am going to give them a call I think...if I can settle down. :rolleyes:

I honestly think you may have overlooked something.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I know I feel bad now!:)I was just really frustrated. Hey I can still use my google calendar! I have been syncing google with outlook calendar so it works just one downside...everytime it syncs it asks for my email password when I am on the PC only. I had syncing every 10 mins so that got annoying. Unless I keep outlook open then its fine.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I know I feel bad now!:)I was just really frustrated. Hey I can still use my google calendar! I have been syncing google with outlook calendar so it works just one downside...everytime it syncs it asks for my email password when I am on the PC only. I had syncing every 10 mins so that got annoying. Unless I keep outlook open then its fine.

I'm glad you got everything squared away. Hopefully all is well! :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77