Cydia & Unlock Help

Ffitchy

Jul 23, 2011
www.lukedxdsshop.webs.com
Hello

My iPhone 3GS has been unlocked and jailbroken with Cydia. My verison is iOS 4.3.3 but the man who did it for me told me that I can no longer update the iOS after he had done it.

with iOS 5 on its way I was wondering if there is anyway how I could update my iOS from 4.3.3 to 5 and still have the phone unlocked to the network I'm currently contracted to

Thanks for reading and comment below if I can

from Lewis, Portsmouth UK

fast96

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not the most qualified here, but I would say no, at least not yet. Ios 4.3.4 has fixed a vulnerability that has allowed most hacking. That's the way I understand it. I had to use limerain to pull back my buddies 4.3.4 to 4.3.3 then rejailbreak it with redsnow. The directions are out there on youtube.
Hope that helps.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreaks for new firmwares are like cooked to order food...you basically have to wait for the firmware to hit the phones before a stable and untethered version is released to the public. Like Massie said, right now there is not an unlock for iOS 5 (that we KNOW about anyways), there are several jailbreaks floating around that are being polished up for the release, but unlocks will probably follow the actual street release (when that will be, who knows).

Now i don't want to speak too certainly before anyone knows, but my guess is that the 3GS will be down some features in iOS 5, so i'd personally wait to see what the 3GS actually gets with the upgrade before deciding to ruin a perfectly good jailbroken 4.3.3...the little features may not even be worth it to you initially and would be well worth a wait for a stable and untethered jailbreak/unlock post-release.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2