I need help with Iphone 3gs

sandyscandles

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
My phone is stock no jail break no unlocked,

I wanted to let my brother have my 3gs becuase I have my new Iphone 4, The
3gs is deactivated at this time, it has been sitting in a drawer. I have no back up for it no itunes nothing.

So i followed the directions for resetting the phone back to the network settings after i got to the point wher the phoen should have asked if I wanted it reset to the factory standards the white apple came up and it wont do anything else it wont charge it wont turn on it wont do anything, I have no back up for the phone anywhere or anything.

Does anyone know how to get the phone out of the mode or whatever it is in? i held the home button down and lock button but it still wont do anything at all

TIA

Sandy

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Remove the SIM card. Connect to iTunes and restore it as new. When it's done it will say no SIM and can't activate. But it will be in "iPod Touch" mode basically where you can use it just not any cellular functions. Your bro can then take it into AT&T to get hooked up.

bikedogrun

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thats the problem I dont have the itunes here anymore it is at work and I wont be able to hook the 3gs in at work only the iphone 4
Hard to do this without a MAC/PC running iTunes.

If you take it to an Apple Store (or even an AT&T Corporate Store) and tell them it is indeed NOT jail-broken or unlocked and your brother wants to begin a new contract (by bringing your own phone, AT&T now lets you put an iPhone on a new month-to-month agreement) with both a minutes & data plan... they will likely take care of you and get the 3GS reset.

/BD :cool:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah you could take it to Apple or connect it to any computer with iTunes the rastore will wipe everything off anyway. You can also connect it to your computer at work it wont mess anything up it's a different phone seperate settings from your 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234