The reasons I've religiously chose Android over iOS for the past 10 years are now extremely sparse.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Ditto to all the above.

I came from the Google/Nexus/Pixel devices and then, for no reason, decided to give Apple a try. Little bit of a learning curve but once I got it all figured out it’s been a great decision and I don’t see going back.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Glad you found what works for you. Although I do disagree with the whole apps being better on iOS argument. I honestly don't see what people are seeing when they say an app works better on iOS vs the Android counterpart. Yeah maybe some UI differences but that's about it. Not enough to call one better over the other.

I disagree with that. I’ve typically run an android phone alongside an iPhone for years up until recently and it’s painfully obvious in my experience that the Android version of an app is just not as good as the iOS version. The android versions of some apps didn’t fit the camera notch properly on my S10+, and many of them force closed far, far more regularly than any app I’ve experienced on iOS.

I feel that because Android has to accommodate way more screen sizes, CPUs, GPUs and other configurations, it will never be optimized. In Apple’s walled garden, there are far fewer iterations of phone to optimize an app for, so they tend to work better.

I find notifications to be far more user friendly in iOS than on Android. They are easier to configure and easier to deal with in general.

I do agree that the Android file system integrates far better with my PC than iOS does. But that isn’t enough of a consideration to make an Android phone my daily driver.

In fact, with all the advances in iOS recently, I have dispensed with my buggy Samsung and just use my 11 Pro Max now, with zero complaints.

the Samsung hardware is amazing. It’s a beautiful phone with an incredible screen, but Android is just not as robust as iOS from my personal experience.

Your mileage obviously varies but I’ve always been an advocate of people using whichever phone fits their needs, regardless of whether it’s iOS or Android.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I disagree with that. I’ve typically run an android phone alongside an iPhone for years up until recently and it’s painfully obvious in my experience that the Android version of an app is just not as good as the iOS version. The android versions of some apps didn’t fit the camera notch properly on my S10+, and many of them force closed far, far more regularly than any app I’ve experienced on iOS.

I feel that because Android has to accommodate way more screen sizes, CPUs, GPUs and other configurations, it will never be optimized. In Apple’s walled garden, there are far fewer iterations of phone to optimize an app for, so they tend to work better.

I find notifications to be far more user friendly in iOS than on Android. They are easier to configure and easier to deal with in general.

I do agree that the Android file system integrates far better with my PC than iOS does. But that isn’t enough of a consideration to make an Android phone my daily driver.

In fact, with all the advances in iOS recently, I have dispensed with my buggy Samsung and just use my 11 Pro Max now, with zero complaints.

the Samsung hardware is amazing. It’s a beautiful phone with an incredible screen, but Android is just not as robust as iOS from my personal experience.

Your mileage obviously varies but I’ve always been an advocate of people using whichever phone fits their needs, regardless of whether it’s iOS or Android.

Good to see you @Highrisedrifter. Thanks for your response.

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site

Meh, to me they perform the same. Don’t experience force closing all to often with either. Notifications are far more robust on Android vs iOS. I can control different aspects of notifications per app vs iOS. And if I dismiss a notification on Android it also dismissed the Icon notification too. But yeah to each their own and we’ll agree to disagree. I’m still enjoying the 11 Pro for what it is. I just don’t see iOS being my primary for my needs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2