My Verizon iPad will NOT work on AT&T, i've tried everything...

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to an AT&T store and got a blank sim card for free, I added it to my iPad and it says No Service. I tried to hit "view account" to add a prepaid data plan and it says this:

dbj4j.png

Mind my wireless SSID: It's food stamp office (inside joke)

Okay, so I try to provision it online and it says that this device is not supported (says the IMEI is wrong)

I called AT&T and they tried to charge me a $150 deposit to "add another line" since the iPad's phone number wasn't showing up (where it has a Verizon number i'm assuming)

When I go to the settings it says there is no number and when I hit about on network it says "SIM is not provisioned"

AT&T cannot provision it without an MEID.

So how in the world can I fix this?

I do not have an option to change the APN settings anywhere, i've checked

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I think the problem might be that it's a Verizon iPad.

What did you do? Six hours ago you said it was working.

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem might be that it's a Verizon iPad.

What did you do? Six hours ago you said it was working.

I know it's a Verizon iPad but how is everyone else saying that it's working?

I wasn't saying it was working, I was at work and planned on going to the AT&T store after but I wasn't even going to bother with it if there was a possibility it was a glitch and it would be patched

Matsudaira

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you're trying to activate service without having an AT&T phone number associated with the SIM. The iPad is unlocked and universal between the two carriers minus the LTE bands. This is stated on the Apple website. The specs are identical. I would go to an AT&T rep again in person to try. Maybe AT&T is ****ty like that and you do have to pay for the line. On Verizon I had to pay an original activation fee for the number, and then a reconnect fee after 5 months of no use. That cost $35 each time (activation and reconnect)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What Keith said. This is only being done by people taking the active sim out of their iPhone and sticking it in their VZW iPad.

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I got it guys, I made a step by step process of how I did it.

1.) I had a add-a-line that I just used for an upgrade, I activated a micro sim onto that line.
2.) I put that micro sim in an iPhone, the SIM has to register to a GSM network first on a phone before the iPad will oddly enough
3.) I used an IMEI off of my old iPhone 3GS that I don't use anymore and activated a data plan to my add-a-line
4.) Changed the APN to AT&T HSPA+ and inserted the micro sim in the iPad
5.) Airplane mode on/off
6.) I'm online with my iPad using my add-a-line fake iPhone data plan :)