iOS 13 Public Beta 1 released

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if haptic touch works on the home screen apps of the XR just like 3D Touch works on the X line?
It works just fine. Even works in safari with links and pictures. That being said. I'm going back to 12.3.1. Had some Bluetooth bugs, and battery life was pretty bad. What made me swap though was how poorly things loaded (internet wise) on my WiFi. We can only get 6mbps dsk . I've become accustomed to it and it generally does fine, but so far WiFi is unusable on beta 1. 4g everything functions fine. I'll try again on beta 2. Now gotta wait 2+ hours to download 12.3.1 again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Joined the beta crowd tonight. Do not like the new photos app at all. Not one bit!
And don't see how to copy a note in the Notes app using the share arrow. Otherwise, looks good. No bug issues so far.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
For the most part its still running on my SE ok.But Im not going to try this release on my Xr . Ha Maybe the next release I will . Im keeping it on my SE tho.

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Joined the beta crowd tonight. Do not like the new photos app at all. Not one bit!
And don't see how to copy a note in the Notes app using the share arrow. Otherwise, looks good. No bug issues so far.

I agree, photo app is probably the only thing I dont like.
When do we expect beta 2?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
On my 10.5 pro yeah definitely. Looks like it's changed to a 5x6 grid H x W. The icons used to fill the entire screen.

d0ab083348770e268871ff24b9395235.jpg

Awesome, another MFP user.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the ipad not staying connected to wifi? Has only been happening the past day or two, but seems like when I let the ipad sit for awhile and then go to use it I have to go back into settings and click on wifi to connect it again. Only seeing it on my ipad (11) and not the XS.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yep down nearly 100lbs since 2015.

Great job, congratulations. I'm down almost 50 since last summer.

Anyone having issues with the ipad not staying connected to wifi? Has only been happening the past day or two, but seems like when I let the ipad sit for awhile and then go to use it I have to go back into settings and click on wifi to connect it again. Only seeing it on my ipad (11) and not the XS.

iPad Pro 9.7" here and no wifi issues after sitting for a while.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
It works just fine. Even works in safari with links and pictures. That being said. I'm going back to 12.3.1. Had some Bluetooth bugs, and battery life was pretty bad. What made me swap though was how poorly things loaded (internet wise) on my WiFi. We can only get 6mbps dsk . I've become accustomed to it and it generally does fine, but so far WiFi is unusable on beta 1. 4g everything functions fine. I'll try again on beta 2. Now gotta wait 2+ hours to download 12.3.1 again.

My MacBook went to sleep before the download finished, so my phone just restarted still on beta last night. Seems to be much better today so I’ve decided to stay on beta. For now lol.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow! Apple replaced "Updates" with "Arcade" in the bottom tabs in the App Store. I'll never subscribe to Arcade...EVER. But will update apps every day. SMH.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Wow! Apple replaced "Updates" with "Arcade" in the bottom tabs in the App Store. I'll never subscribe to Arcade...EVER. But will update apps every day. SMH.

Yeah, they’ve tweaked some stuff and updates are installed sooner than they used to.
There is less need to manually check the updates tab, unless you disabled automatic update installs.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, they’ve tweaked some stuff and updates are installed sooner than they used to.
There is less need to manually check the updates tab, unless you disabled automatic update installs.

I don't use auto updates. Never have. One thing I don't like, are the new share sheets. It's made things more difficult. The old was better.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I am wishing I never upgraded to ios 13. After not being able to upload my photos via one drive they are currently being uploaded as I type this. I am currently having problems downloading app updates from the app store too. This is a nightmare

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I am wishing I never upgraded to ios 13. After not being able to upload my photos via one drive they are currently being uploaded as I type this. I am currently having problems downloading app updates from the app store too. This is a nightmare

It's a beta dude..it's going to have problems..apple warns against installing it FFS.

You could always go back to iOS 12. I have a developer account, I try each release and if I don't like it, I flash back to my encrypted backup of iOS 12.4

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2