Public beta on the way

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone speak to general stability, battery, heating and compatibility with apps (banking, etc)? I’ve seen that the developer beta seems to be fairly stable and I’m eager to install it. I normally wait until public beta 2 or 3, but I’m feeling particularly itchy this year.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone speak to general stability, battery, heating and compatibility with apps (banking, etc)? I’ve seen that the developer beta seems to be fairly stable and I’m eager to install it. I normally wait until public beta 2 or 3, but I’m feeling particularly itchy this year.

The public beta is the same as the dev beta. Having said that, the newest dev beta has been - on a scale of 1 to 10 - a solid 8.5 to 9 for me. It’s definitely stable enough for a daily driver. All of my 3rd-party apps work flawlessly and that includes my banking apps.

Go ahead and give it a try. You can always revert back to the latest official iOS version if you don't like it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've found it mostly pretty good. I use a few 3rd party keyboards, and there's still some issues. Nothing to worry about.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Same as above. This was my first year installing dev beta, but I really wanted to try out Apple’s offline maps as another step in getting away from Google.

And so far Apple’s offline maps have worked just as good as Google.

And overall, generally very stable. Enough to use on my daily personal phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77