Radio Label in Contacts

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed, after adding a new contact, that the default telephone label is "radio" what does that even mean?

Not sure... and I’ve not seen it before. There is an option to ADD FIELD at the bottom of the ADD CONTACT screen, but 'radio' is not one of the choices... it is obviously a 'custom' label... if you tap on the label ('radio') it gives you a list of labels to assign to that field - pick "Home" or "work" or "iPhone"... and there’s a custom entry here, as well. Has anyone been pranking with your phone? That is a very odd situation...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've never created a custom label and Karenkcoulter can attest that it is on her phone as well.

I don’t doubt you or Karen... but it’s very strange... I don’t have it and I’ve checked several entries... and on my phone and my wife's.

Mary Riordan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have seen this on two iPhones so far after upgrading to IOS 7. Can't get rid of the screen to simply enter an iPhone number into Contacts. Seems like a bug.

Bill Greganti

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
This has been bugging me since the final release of iOS 7, I don't recall seeing it on beta versions.

I believe this is an issue when using a Microsoft Exchange account for contacts. Can those who have this issue confirm that?

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
This has been bugging me since the final release of iOS 7, I don't recall seeing it on beta versions.

I believe this is an issue when using a Microsoft Exchange account for contacts. Can those who have this issue confirm that?

I don't have this on mine. I believe it might have something to do with that.

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the Radio label and I use Gmail contacts. However, I do use Exchange to bring it over rather than go directly through Gmail.

JfromPhx

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed! The Exchange did it. I also had this "Radio" label and couldn't find previous "iPhone" label. After I turned my exchange account contact off, my phone contact went back to normal without the "Radio" label, and with the "iPhone" label. Thanks!

Isael Tavarez

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
"it is obviously a 'custom' label... if you tap on the label ('radio') it gives you a list of labels to assign to that field - pick "Home" or "work" or "iPhone"... and there’s a custom entry here"...

It is NOT obviously a CUSTOM label. I have the exact same problem, it started when ios7 update came out and since then I cannot ADD customer labels to the Contacts. Sometimes I can edit it and sometimes I cannot edit that specific detail.

gvasco

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys first time poster. I decided to post here because I was experiencing similar troubles as the ones you guys were and when searching about it came across this post. I can attest that this was mainly due to the presence of Exchange account but that isn't the whole of it. In the Mail, Contacts, Calendar settings at the bottom of each group you can set your default account. Basically you can have separate default accounts for your e-mail, contacts and calendar. In my case my default contacts account was set to my exchange account thus causing the issue of not only having weird labels but also not being able to set custom labels. Anyways hope this helps anyone else that is having the same issue and is looking for a solution.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2