Trouble Restoring Jailbroken iPhone 5

mixolydian12

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, the short version of a long story is that my iPhone 5 got slightly wet this weekend. It did not get submerged, but it got wet enough for Siri to start talking to herself on her own.

I did the whole put it in rice and leave it off for a day. I turned it on, and the connect to iTunes logo appeared so I did this. However, iTunes did not recognize the device until I put it into DFU mode, and even then my only option is to restore the device. Now when I try to restore it, I get error 1600 (I also got error 2001 at one point).

I believe the phone was running iOS 6.2.1, but I'm not certain. It was definitely jailbroken though. I've tried downloading different firmware versions, and seem to think I need an SHSH file (can't find it--never saved one). I'm using a Mac, by the way.

I'm pretty lost as to what I should do, am I totally screwed? Any help is much appreciated.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
After exposure to moisture and the rice trick, a phone that doesn't function typically means 'totally screwed'.

mixolydian12

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I certainly am leaning in that direction, but I have been surprised that the screen works, the home button works, the power button works, etc. So maybe I'm just blindly holding out hope.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77