Sandbox-Blue-Tool Crashes after 6.1 Jailbreak. Phone keeps rebooting.

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
After Jailbreak SandBox-BlueTool etc. crash reports,on iPhone4, iOS 6.1. Phone was Clean restored,setup as new phone & then Evasion 1.2 Jailbreak applied in Admin. Mode.
Next after Cydia install & refresh, only tweak manually downloaded was SBsettings.Phone reboots & Blue Tool Crash reports. Then,unistalled SBsettings & Mobile Substrate. Refreshed for package updates in Cydia & reinstalled only Mobile Substrate. Blue Tool crash reports keep piling up & sometimes the phone reboots on it's own. After manual shut down though the boot-up time has reduced.
I haven't installed any other tweaks manually.

I think it could be Activator Or Mobile Substrate. Any ideas people ?:confused:
Are these crashes something to worry about ?

Updated -The Phone Rebooting has stopped, but the Blue Tool issues remain

Last edited:

RazorSharp1296

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this is a big problem with the new Evasi0n 6.1 jailbreak. I was looking at the crash reports on my device (can be viewed in Settings under General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Data. I could see over 20 BlueTool crashes listed in this area. After investigating the reports, I found that BlueTool is located here: /usr/sbin/BlueTool

After further investigation of the crash I found that BlueTool caused the crash and Mobile Substrate tried to prevent it. I also found that the BlueTool file was created BEFORE the iOS 6 jailbreak was available.

Hope this helps!

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ! I have noticed on every shutdown & reboot 2 reports are generated. I use iCleaner to delete them regularly.

Is there any way of removing these files without affecting any software/hardware functions ? OR
this is normal / acceptable & doesn't affect phone performance in any way ?

P.S. - Surprisingly, I am yet to see any Top Posters or Forum Moderators respond to this question.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Your surprised???

I must've read your post like 30 times trying to figure it out, and then went to cydia looking for blue tool?
But couldn't find it, realized then that Bluetoolis an iOS feature and not a tweak!
If I understand correctly, you are jailbroken, with only sbsettings installed (and the packages that come with it) and you are crashing regularly?

Last edited:

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Your surprised???

I must've read your post like 30 times trying to figure it out, and then went to cydia looking for blue tool…
But couldn't find it, realized then that Bluetoolis an iOS feature and not a tweak!
If I understand correctly, you are jailbroken, with only sbsettings installed (and the packages that come with it) and you are crashing regularly?

Yes, I'm jailbroken & the crash reports are generated on every boot up.Only SBSettings (& default packages) installed.
I'm crashing with lesser frequency but irrespective of the crash, even in a normal reboot, the crash reports are being generated on every boot up.

My main concern though, do i need to worry ?

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
SOLVED - Mobile Substrate just got updated to 0.9.4000. No more Blue Tool crash reports. Plus i also removed Airplane Toggle.
Rebooted iPhone. Synced with iTunes(just to be sure). Rebooted again. All seems to be fine now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Read Somewhere this has something to do with the (MS/SB hook) Bluetooth & BlueTool daemon in iOS 6.]

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Afaik airplane toggle still has no iOS 6 support, so that could have been the issue all along.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

SandeepRoy

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Afaik airplane toggle still has no iOS 6 support, so that could have been the issue all along.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Nope !! Blue Tool has got nothing to do with Airplane Toggle.
Airplane Toggle is supported on iOS 4,5 & 6. It works :)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Nope !! Blue Tool has got nothing to do with Airplane Toggle.
Airplane Toggle is supported on iOS 4,5 & 6. It works :)

It wasn't originally which is why a settings removed it as a dependency but I am glad you got it fixed.

Lawrence Alexander

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
(SOLVED) Hey for everyone experiencing sandbox bluetool diagnostics crash reports, the culprit is in each report about 3/4's of the way into the report, you will see culprit. Example would be copic arm.deb or something like that I can't remember exactly but that's really close there will be an app named solely for each report. In my instance I found constant sandbox bluetool crashes do to sprintomize 2 iOS 6 version 1.4.5.1, also lockdown lite very new app version 1.0.1, then random sandbox bluetool crashes due to copic version 3.2, and photo album+ for iPod and iPhone version 4.2.0.2. After uninstall of these sandbox bluetool crashes stopped completely. Now I'm not saying these apps were primary cause or flawed cause they worked fine no issues, im not sure if its not mobile substrate, or conflicting apps, I'm not sure but I can say theses apps caused repeated sandbox bluetool crash reports and once uninstalled the crashes stopped completely! That's a fact! Also I just did a fresh jailbreak last night and used the latest evasi0n tool for a very smooth jailbreak with superb boot time compared to previous versions! I'm running iPhone 5 ios 6.1.2 unlocked
So I strongly suggest reading those sandbox bluetool crash reports and getting to the exact nature of which app is causing it and just uninstall, email developer and wait for reply or update. I'm pi____ because I paid for copic which is one of my favs, and photo albums+, sprintomize i was trying out cracked version so I won't be buying that, and lockdown lite is free.
Hope this helps y'all have a great day!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2