Jailbreak/signal loss/downgrading

2hot

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a couple of questions
1) after upgrading to official 5.0.1 my phone keeps searching for signal has no service or 1 bar. To try to fix this I have attempted a lot of different things I have read. I have upgraded my baseband to 6.15.00. If I am to restore now I must first create a ipsw in redsn0w then do a shift restore in iTunes?
2) if I save my shsh blobs now and upgrade to 5.1b3 will I be able to downgrade if necessary?
3) or I anyone can help me change my now iPod and sometime phone back into a phone any ideas would be helpful
Thanks

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
1. Depends, do you have an iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4? I have an iPhone 4 on 01.59.00 and it does have the lost signal/1 bar problem. This problem has been lingering around since iOS 4.1. I also used redsn0w to update my iPhone 4 to iOS 5.0.1 while preserving the baseband. You have to create the custom ipsw first, put your phone into DFU mode, and then shift restore in iTunes.

2. I've never had to downgrade my iPhone, but I don't think iOS 5.1b3 should be used for daily use, but SHSH blobs should allow you to downgrade.

3. Like I said, the no service problem has been around since iOS 4.1, the only thing I do when my phone has no service in a place that has service is to keep rebooting to no end until ultrasn0w finally kicks in and gets service.