Need some help Please!

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a jailbroken IP4 and last night my phone went completely blank on me. So I had to put it in recovery mode and when iTunes detected it, it would only allow me to set up as a new IPhone. So it updated to 4.1 and I lost my jailbreak. My question is, I saved my SHSH and all so now can I use tiny umbrella to downgrade my software so I can rejailbreak? I know the baseband was updated so I can't unlock, but I can do this too jailbreak again??? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Run Tinyumbrella:
1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
2) check "Advanced Options."
3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select the firmware version you want to downgrade to.
4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware you can restore to.
7) Start "TSS server," download firmware file somewhere (google) and restore through iTunes with that file.
8) If you phone get stuck during restore, try "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I did all the above and it was accepted, but when I go into Itunes to restore it says that my phone cannot be restored. What am I doing wrong?????

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
What error message did you get? What firmware are you trying to restore to? In Tinyumbrella, what firmware is shown when you click on "Display SHSH?"

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Error message was 3002 in ITunes, I hit restore and got it. I downloaded 4.0.1, how to I get that to ITunes? In tiny umbrella 4.0.1 was showing up for me.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Error message was 3002 in ITunes, I hit restore and got it. I downloaded 4.0.1, how to I get that to ITunes? In tiny umbrella 4.0.1 was showing up for me.

Did you hold down Shift (Windows) or Option (Mac) key before clicking "Restore" in Itunes? That should allow you to select 4.0.1 file you downloaded.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77